Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We played by your rules.. [was 'What JudeoChristian values have brought us']
We played by your rules.. [was 'What JudeoChristian values have brought us']
[Image: Screenshot2011-11-08at025902.jpg]
RE: What JudeoChristian values have brought us
What does this have to do with Judeochristian values? I'm sure MY people would love to claim it, but Jews don't hold a monopoly on intelligence, and I've found piss-poor evidence for the general assembly of staunch Christians thinking higher education is necessary in the eyes of god.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
ditto TSQ
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
This is the kind of society that JudeoChristian values have built. I'd say they have royally missed the mark.

[Image: Screenshot2011-11-08at025902.jpg]
It's not just the Judeoxtian systems that are failing it is ALL 'religious' systems including Politics that are failing the planetary population and society in general.

Great ideas....and then you add people. Sometimes (thankfully not often) I really hate "people"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
?

EE WA EE WA, WIGGY WIGGY WIGGY, PLUNGA A PLUNGA A
Posting the picture again still didn't help me.
grr.. single character post and quoting without hiding large pictures... some days I do wish TSQ, not most though.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I am finding that many do not know the BB codes nor do they READ the rules for large posts nor do they know how to {hide}{/hide} large posts....

I KNOW they are in the rules and I KNOW they are available because that is how I learnt...Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Tack, people's sheer laziness when it comes to quoting anything from pictures to large blocks of text make my eye twitch on a daily basis.

But my question still stands. Without posting the picture again, can someone tell me WHY education has fuck all to do with Judeo-Christian values? Because if not, I'm going to end up moving this thread. You have 24 hours to convince me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cliff Notes, For Forum Rules. Goosebump 18 605 February 12, 2024 at 7:01 am
Last Post: no one
  Road Rules and jerks..... Brian37 72 5095 March 5, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Parenting rules? Losty 36 1628 September 10, 2018 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  YouTube's New Monetization Rules Mechaghostman2 8 1509 January 28, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What are your values? Catholic_Lady 92 6786 January 27, 2018 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Is there any "atheist values" like "Christian values"? ErGingerbreadMandude 37 2875 January 7, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anybody Have a Copy frichard Robinson's An Atheists Values can Borrow or Buy? Rhondazvous 1 549 June 18, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The impudent interference of the European's way of life and values rado84 27 4129 September 13, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Live in the past movie, tv show, video game, you played. dyresand 19 2908 March 3, 2015 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Okay, If Odd Rules Usually Reflect Prior Behavior Jenny A 8 1995 December 18, 2014 at 6:23 am
Last Post: abaris