Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free plug for ABBA, not getting paid a dime.
Free plug for ABBA, not getting paid a dime.
https://www.facebook.com/waterlooradio?pnref=story

(November 14, 2014 at 3:55 pm)Brian37 Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/waterlooradio?pnref=story

RE: Free plug for ABBA, not getting paid a dime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4jSNfZW3U
How come you're such a hardcore fan?

Did you grow up with their music?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 14, 2014 at 5:03 pm)abaris Wrote: How come you're such a hardcore fan?

Did you grow up with their music?

Yes, they were the first band I grew attached to.
(November 14, 2014 at 6:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yes, they were the first band I grew attached to.

I grew up with them too. But funnily enough I didn't like them as much back then as I like them now.

When listening to them today, their songs bring back teen memories. And I've learned to appreciate their musical complexity instead of just listening to their tunes.
(November 14, 2014 at 6:24 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 14, 2014 at 6:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yes, they were the first band I grew attached to.

I grew up with them too. But funnily enough I didn't like them as much back then as I like them now.

When listening to them today, their songs bring back teen memories. And I've learned to appreciate their musical complexity instead of just listening to their tunes.

I was pre teen, but yes, their complexity is something I understand now more than I did back then.
(November 14, 2014 at 6:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I was pre teen, but yes, their complexity is something I understand now more than I did back then.

Actually I was 11 when they won the Eurovision contest with Waterloo. But they were always in the charts, always present, all through the 70ies.
For me the songs mark some landmark moments of my life. Watching the documentary recently was really inciteful into the meaning of some of the songs, which I'd grown to become almost embarrassed about, unjustly it turns out.
(November 14, 2014 at 6:56 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 14, 2014 at 6:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I was pre teen, but yes, their complexity is something I understand now more than I did back then.

Actually I was 11 when they won the Eurovision contest with Waterloo. But they were always in the charts, always present, all through the 70ies.

Fuck, I was born in 66, I was amost 8 at the time. My first non kiddy album was in 79 or 80 which I begged my mom to buy me off the TV called "The Magic Of ABBA" .
(November 14, 2014 at 6:58 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: For me the songs mark some landmark moments of my life. Watching the documentary recently was really inciteful into the meaning of some of the songs, which I'd grown to become almost embarrassed about, unjustly it turns out.

Yeah, it was kind of uncool to listen to Abba in the 70ies when being a male teen.

I think I have some DVD with the documentary somewhere. Have to fire it up again.

I don't know where you two guys are coming from. I'm from Austria and they always made it into the charts here or were on some tv show. We only had two stations in the 70ies anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shameless Plug Brian37 9 952 September 13, 2023 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1226 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The First Tangible Result of the Biden Administration: Getting the Band Back Together Rev. Rye 0 222 January 18, 2021 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I am not alone. Pet adoption and ABBA.... Brian37 7 697 February 5, 2020 at 5:51 pm
  As much as I love ABBA, this is my fav song..... Brian37 16 1686 January 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm
  Getting off Diesel...... Brian37 3 545 September 30, 2019 at 5:10 pm
  ABBA credits 'the gays' for their return to music Foxaèr 23 2488 September 23, 2019 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Had enough of ABBA? Fine, here's Blondie! Brian37 31 2781 July 9, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: tackattack
  I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys. Brian37 22 2019 May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  One of Us Is Crying for an ABBA Thread. Brian37 27 1757 March 8, 2019 at 8:50 pm