Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non famous quotes.............
Non famous quotes.............
What are some of the best quotes from whatever source outside fame that you like. If you know the person name them if it is just general but you don't know put "Unknown" after. You can post your own quotes or those of others.

"Any culture or religion that cant or wont allow girls or women to make their own life choices deserves nothing but scorn and contempt" Me(Brian37, Brian James Rational Poet)

"Humans start the same way and end the same way and have the same ignorance between." Me (Brian37, Brian James Rational Poet)

Feel free to add yours.
RE: Non famous quotes.............
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity - unknown
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
While I'm a little uncomfortable blowing my own strumpet, there was an exchange once in another, now ex-forum, which developed the idea of tea as the divine power solving everything. I invoked a prayer to this miracle beverage, ending with

"In the name of the samovar, and of the infusion, and of the Holey Bag, perforated two thousand times for the refreshment of our sins."

Then followed an interesting argument from another member as to why it was invalid and why talk of teapots and Holey Bags was just a red herring. My off the cuff reply that

"A red herring in a teapot is a completely different kettle of fish"

was not only nominated Quote Of The Year, it made people eject sundry fluids from nostrilic apertures and finished up in the signature of at least one delightful person.

But there is one in this august community of which I am particularly proud. Basically, someone was trying to argue the validity of bible through archaeology with Min, to which I felt obliged to point out that

"Arguing points of archaeological history with an archaeological historian is like attacking a lion with a leg of lamb. Choose your battles more wisely, is what I'm saying."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
'Do stop fussing with that - you're going to break it.' Ellen Shannon (my missus) on numerous occasions.

'Don't be sil- *crash, tinkle*...erm, Hon?' Pat Shannon (myself) on slightly less numerous occasions.

'Look, mate, you aren't at home in front of your telly, so kindly shut it, or I'll have you evicted.' Pat Shannon, to other cinema patrons.

'Himself? He's so mean, he'd peel a potato in his pocket sooner than share it out. A toothache of a man.' Eamon 'Neddy' Shannon (my Da).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"Bitches be trippin" ~Losty
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 15, 2014 at 11:35 am)Stimbo Wrote: While I'm a little uncomfortable blowing my own strumpet, there was an exchange once in another, now ex-forum, which developed the idea of tea as the divine power solving everything. I invoked a prayer to this miracle beverage, ending with

"In the name of the samovar, and of the infusion, and of the Holey Bag, perforated two thousand times for the refreshment of our sins."

Then followed an interesting argument from another member as to why it was invalid and why talk of teapots and Holey Bags was just a red herring. My off the cuff reply that

"A red herring in a teapot is a completely different kettle of fish"

was not only nominated Quote Of The Year, it made people eject sundry fluids from nostrilic apertures and finished up in the signature of at least one delightful person.

But there is one in this august community of which I am particularly proud. Basically, someone was trying to argue the validity of bible through archaeology with Min, to which I felt obliged to point out that

"Arguing points of archaeological history with an archaeological historian is like attacking a lion with a leg of lamb. Choose your battles more wisely, is what I'm saying."

While you may not like blowing your 'strumpet' you seem very adept in doing so..
-Drich
"Humility is not the attribute of any God. It is the very definition of selfish narcissism." Me (Brian37 AKA Brian James Rational Poet)
Two statements I always have to think of when the question of war crops up in our time. One by Justice Jackson, the other one from a quite unusual source. But the second quote illustrates very well, how the psychology of war works at any time.

We must make clear to the Germans that the wrong for which their fallen leaders are on trial is not that they lost the war, but that they started it. And we must not allow ourselves to be drawn into a trial of the causes of the war, for our position is that no grievances or policies will justify resort to aggressive war. It is utterly renounced and condemned as an instrument of policy - Justice Jackson before the start of the Nuremberg tribunal

Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.[…] That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country - Hermann Goering to the psychiatrist Gustave Gilbert
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
"What I lack in life, I make up with my name."- Caleb Armstrong(C4RM5)

"A stupid person doesn't learn from his mistakes. A smart person learns from his mistakes. A wise person learns from other peoples mistakes." - Unknown

"A seg-fault is the computer telling you to stop being an idiot." - Surgenator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which famous clone would you adopt? Fake Messiah 10 907 January 24, 2023 at 7:49 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Evil Quotes From Evil Bastards The Architect Of Fate 2 444 December 16, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1444 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Non-Alcoholic Beer Foxaèr 48 2349 June 13, 2021 at 5:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Non-Alcoholic Bears LadyForCamus 8 603 June 12, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  About non European films. Peebothuhlu 4 496 November 15, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  [Serious] Are you non-binary? Porcupine 48 3227 July 18, 2020 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2257 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 3800 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Daily quotes Creed of Heresy 240 38951 February 27, 2018 at 4:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4