Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baphomet more American than 10 Commandments
Baphomet more American than 10 Commandments
Quote:...it’s high time we actually take an artistic and symbolic look at the Baphomet and what it represents. Instead of focusing on the letter and spirit of the law, let’s think about the spirit of what America is for a minute and ask ‘Why not Baphomet?’

Many of the components of the Baphomet (as conceived by Elias Levi in 1856) are shared with another particularly prominent symbolic representation of the time. The highest point of the statue is a flame, symbolizing enlightenment, the torch of knowledge lighting the world and dispelling the shadows of ignorance. The figure’s right arm is held aloft while the left is held low, symbolizing, perhaps, the duality between the independence that comes with such enlightenment and the society we create together under a rule of law that ensures the least restrictive means to protect freedoms without infringing on those of others.

Baphomet, on the otherhand, is a representation of the unification of opposites, a symbol of disparate notions unified as one. Much like how America’s great melting pot is predicated on the idea that though people may completely disagree about such things as the very nature of reality we can still come together and make an equitable and egalitarian society in which we all can live. E Pluribus Unum. Meanwhile the artistic features of the Baphomet, when compared to other great works of the time, like the Statue of Liberty, evoke the enlightenment principles on which this country was actually founded. No matter how vociferously the likes of revisionist theocrat historians attempt to say otherwise, America is a beacon of Liberty and predicated on the belief that disparate peoples with competing beliefs can live united in these values through the rigorous application of secular laws and values.

In 1875, when construction started on the Statue of Liberty, individuals so revered the idea of Liberty that they deemed it worthy of personification in the form of a 15 story statue in New York Harbor. The world gave it its own island to stand on. In our modern era, those same symbolic references—the flame that is the light of reason and justice, the raised arm, the crown: those artistic symbols of freedom—are being loaded onto a truck and driven down to Arkansas for a rally against theocratic over-reach to combat a cynical attempt to “bring America back to Jesus.”

So next week when TST has their rally, and Baphomet is rolled out into the public eye, remember that what it symbolizes is not just some mere tool to combat Rapert’s theocratic cynicism. The values and meaning enshrined in the Baphomet rightfully deserve their place as a part of what makes America America at least as much, if not far more, than a list of 10 things that make one religion’s petty god mad.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/infernal/20...mandments/
RE: Baphomet more American than 10 Commandments
Mammon is where it's at, baby !!!

[Image: 937f3c0d8283cda2f3b3632ec87e5bc8.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 12, 2018 at 6:22 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Mammon is where it's at, baby !!!

[Image: 937f3c0d8283cda2f3b3632ec87e5bc8.jpg]

Sod Mammon.  The Dagda is all that and a new cap.

[Image: Dagda-The-Good-God-qol809.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
And yet Murica again hates it's own sons, like Baphomet, and chooses immigrants like Moses.

Because the Satanic Temple unveiled a statue of Baphomet at the Arkansas State Capitol during a First Amendment rally on Thursday.
[Image: wstv0ODi_o.png]
However, the statue of Baphomet can’t be installed unless it receives legislative sponsorship under a 2017 law.

The Ten Commandments monument received sponsorship from Republican state Sen. Jason Rapert and was also installed in 2017. However, the monument was destroyed a day after it was installed by a man who rammed his car into it.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...rotest-ten
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Well, why not a car destroying a 10 Commandments display ?

There would be enough iron in the car to deter God from interfering with the protest.

LOL, maybe the Baphomet statues need to be made of iron to keep the Christians from messing with them ????
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 17, 2018 at 9:01 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Well, why not a car destroying a 10 Commandments display ?

There would be enough iron in the car to deter God from interfering with the protest.

LOL, maybe the Baphomet statues need to be made of iron to keep the Christians from messing with them ????

This time they took precautions because they don't have faith that god will protect the display

[Image: 7gfusW2D_o.jpg]

To be honest it looks like a grave. Possibly a grave for the validity of the Bible.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Archaeologists are going to come across that one day..buried in the rubble of a society that disappeared without managing to leave a trace of why..and as soon as they do, they're going to think:

"Ah..yeah, now it makes sense."
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Because the Satanic Temple unveiled a statue of Baphomet at the Arkansas State Capitol during a First Amendment rally on Thursday.

Looks a bit classier than a lot of those Civil War statues that caused such a fuss.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've actually studied Satanism quite a bit. Satanism, in many ways, echoes the beliefs/values of your average American far more than Christianity. Satanism is about loving yourself and those around you, living for you, taking pride in your achievements and doing the things in life that bring you joy. Granted, many Americans are still very sexually repressed which echoes Christianity quite well. Satanism is pretty American, especially seeing as how it was founded as a codified religion in California in the 60s. Today's Christian in America would be killed for heresy in a few hundred years ago or maybe accused of witchcraft.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
First lightning rods, now concrete rods. We's winnin'. 

[Image: 7gfusW2D_o.jpg]

Thanks to Fake Messiah for picture.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 870 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1549 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Did Sai Baba deserve Nobel more than Mother Teresa? Fake Messiah 1 365 February 26, 2020 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Is religion simply more about control than a god? GODZILLA 24 2871 January 8, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9537 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is our universe more complex than a t-shirt or not? ReptilianPeon 17 3666 September 27, 2016 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Why Zeus is more real than the Christian God.... maestroanth 4 1801 May 5, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4155 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Study: Terrorists are motivated by Politics more than Religion Heat 23 4532 December 19, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: abaris
  Ways in which I'm more powerful than God robvalue 63 9723 November 20, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet