Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Holy Trinity Does Make Sense.
The Holy Trinity Does Make Sense.
This isn't me converting to Christianity, this is just me not understanding the Islamic argument against Christianity that the holy trinity doesn't make sense.

Both the quran and the bible are full of things that are physically impossible and seemingly not logical to the human mind.

Sticks turn into snakes, god makes man from dust, he could have made him from nothing but just felt like using dust, he also molded men from clay aswell for some reason. Virgins get pregnant.

God can read minds, know everything, destroy mankind and create a new race. He has power over all things. He gave Muhammad the power to split the moon in two, just to show off to some people who didn't believe he was a prophet, then I assume he managed to put the moon back together again.
He gave Muhammad a magic horse that could travel across the sky.

Yet there's all this god can do, and he does have power over everything yet he doesn't have the power to be a man while at the same time as going about his godly duties, even if he wanted to he couldn't do this.

Why?

It isn't because god is a simple natural being, on a regular basis he manipulates the natural order of things.

Also it not making sense doesn't preclude it from being true.

Many things on this earth that clever people understand, aren't understood by me. This would lead me to believe if my intelligence can be confused by concepts understood by lowly mortals it's more than likely that there would be a concept understood by god would never be understood by me.

I would say in fact, I believe concepts that make perfect sense to humanity are even more obviously man made than those that aren't. That's just an opinion, I don't believe any idea in any book isn't man made anyway.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prophecy doesn't make sense zwanzig 26 2486 March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The problem with "Holy Places". onlinebiker 28 2340 March 8, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Imperfect perfect Trinity Alex K 8 956 December 14, 2019 at 9:20 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Gender of Holy Spirit TwoKnives99 31 4657 November 17, 2018 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7581 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dualism and Trinity Haipule 23 3502 July 12, 2018 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Haipule
  First Holy Communion (reflections) vulcanlogician 39 5693 May 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Finding the holy grail ignoramus 3 1015 May 4, 2018 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10826 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
Music Are the holy angels like the time-cops? theBorg 150 18587 October 11, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire