Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Conservatives: time to apologize
Conservatives: time to apologize
It turns out your endless screeching about Benghazi was what we all thought it was.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ecc3a3003...i-theories
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/21/politics/b...ck-report/

What is this, the sixth congressional investigation that's come up dry? How much in tax dollars have been wasted?

So are conservatives ready to apologize to Obama for all their false accusations? Ready to man up and say, "sorry we accused you of treason or covering anything up and wasting everyone's time and money on this wild goose chase." ?

We're waiting.

Anytime now.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Conservatives: time to apologize
From what I overheard on the news this morning, GOP senators are trying to get another investigation committee going.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 26, 2014 at 10:06 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: From what I overheard on the news this morning, GOP senators are trying to get another investigation committee going.

Must be nice to see your tax dollars put to good use.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 26, 2014 at 10:03 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: What is this, the sixth congressional investigation that's come up dry?
The seventh, according to the article you linked. And there is an eighth one ongoing, that was appointed in May. The one that just finished looks to have cleared the administration, though. In order for the eighth one to generate any controversy, it would need to directly contradict at least that one.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I am not sure why they continue this.

I have read some reports, and even some in my community believe some of the Fox News bullshit.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(November 26, 2014 at 10:10 am)abaris Wrote:
(November 26, 2014 at 10:06 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: From what I overheard on the news this morning, GOP senators are trying to get another investigation committee going.

Must be nice to see your tax dollars put to good use.

"Republicans: we're the fiscally responsible party, except when it comes to our paranoid fever dreams."
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Just like Al Gore wanted to keep recounting votes in Florida until he came up with a recount he liked....the republicans want to keep investigating until a committee writes a report they like.
(November 26, 2014 at 6:20 pm)Heywood Wrote:

Just like Al Gore wanted to keep recounting votes in Florida until he came up with a recount he liked....the republicans want to keep investigating until a committee writes a report they like.

If the headline in tomorrow's newspaper read:

"John Boener, Mitch McConnel and Ted Cruz Light Babies on Fire and Throw them at Returning War Veterans."

The first three words in Heywood's next post would read:

"But the Democrats..."
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

He had that legal right, under state law. And vote mining claims were bullshit because all voting recounts involve watchers of both parties.

Still got that massive boner for the tu cuoque fallacy, I see. Rolleyes

Not to mention, complete non-sequiturs...
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1465 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8914 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 401 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 576 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why Do Republicans/Conservatives Bend Over Backwards for Companies? Jade-Green Stone 14 1436 November 28, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2624 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Conservatives threaten to boycott Netflix Foxaèr 63 9873 May 28, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: julep
  Conservatives have more self-control John V 248 26318 January 31, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Big Grin Conservatives are more attractive John V 81 8759 January 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservatives more driven by fear Amarok 11 1814 January 28, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok