Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist simulator
Atheist simulator
I thought that maybe theists wondered what it is like to be on the atheist side of debates. So I decided to simulate the experience, as best I can, to help you sympathise.

I have several proofs below. If anyone raises objections to one of them, I will restate it.

1) Something can't come from nothing. So anything that exists has always existed in some form. The universe exists, so must always have existed. Therefore God didn't create the universe.

2) The universe is everything that exists. God exists, so God is in the universe. If God created the universe, he created himself. So he didn't exist before he created himself. So he can't have created himself and doesn't exist.

3) God has all the knowledge of the universe. Therefore, there is no knowledge left for me. But I have knowledge, so there can't be a god.

4) Theism means believing there is 1 or more gods. So there could be 1, 2, 3... And so on forever. The probability of there being just one then is one in infinity. Which is zero. So there is zero chance that there is only one God, so any monotheism is wrong.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Atheist simulator
To add to #2: therefore we don't exist.

Mind... blown.
I'm convinced!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 27, 2014 at 5:49 am)robvalue Wrote: I thought that maybe theists wondered what it is like to be on the atheist side of debates

I doubt it. Mostly the ones we see on here are only interested in either conversion or derision.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 27, 2014 at 5:49 am)robvalue Wrote: 1) Something can't come from nothing. So anything that exists has always existed in some form. The universe exists, so must always have existed. Therefore God didn't create the universe.

Theist would resort to special pleading, uncaused cause blah blah etc

(November 27, 2014 at 5:49 am)robvalue Wrote: 2) The universe is everything that exists. God exists, so God is in the universe. If God created the universe, he created himself. So he didn't exist before he created himself. So he can't have created himself and doesn't exist.

Theist would say God is outside space and time, defining it into existence, just as you define it into non-existence.

(November 27, 2014 at 5:49 am)robvalue Wrote: 3) God has all the knowledge of the universe. Therefore, there is no knowledge left for me. But I have knowledge, so there can't be a god.

Err ... does knowledge work like that ? If I have knowledge about the capital city of France, doesn't mean that nobody else can have that knowledge ( it's Paris ).

(November 27, 2014 at 5:49 am)robvalue Wrote: 4) Theism means believing there is 1 or more gods. So there could be 1, 2, 3... And so on forever. The probability of there being just one then is one in infinity. Which is zero. So there is zero chance that there is only one God, so any monotheism is wrong.

I think this is being less than rigorous with the mathematics of probability. It's saying there are either no gods or multiple gods. The same goes for Santas' reindeer.

Regards

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

I find debating with theists pointless. There is nothing they can say that will make me think they aren't deluded, and there is nothing I can say that will change their outlook.
(November 27, 2014 at 5:55 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: To add to #2: therefore we don't exist.

Mind... blown.

Ugh...I really thought I existed, now what am I supposed to do?

(November 27, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Elskidor Wrote: I find debating with theists pointless. There is nothing they can say that will make me think they aren't deluded, and there is nothing I can say that will change their outlook.

In the bottom line, they think that there is an undectectable spiritual 'world', superior to our own and the only way to approach it, is by truly believe that it exists.
I don't get it. Is this a joke?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I guess as usual I have been too cryptic for my own good hehe.

It's meant to be a list of progressively bad arguments for the atheist position, but I can defend them by just repeating them over and over. Then theists can see what we feel like. Not all theists argue that way, but a loooooot do. I wanted to see if any theists would like to accept that challenge and this style of debate from the other side. It seems no one does, which makes my point. Or maybe I'm just an idiot. What the hell is wrong with me? This seemed like a good idea at the time.

As it happens 1 and 2 are a little bit catchy and sound more convincing than I intended Wink So... I win after all!

Although these are not sound arguments, I do like 1 because it turns the "something can't come from nothing" back on the theist as its one of their standard baseless assumptions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum