Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Shutdown?
Another Shutdown?
Come Thursday, unless Congress decides to do its job, the government will shut down again.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the third one during the Obama administration. The last one did $24 billion worth of damage to our economy and brought us to the 11th hour of total economic meltdown. The one before damaged our credit rating. Stay tuned for what this one does.

Republicans like Rush Limbaugh are giddy with the prospect of another government shutdown.

So what do they think it will accomplish? I don't get it.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Another Shutdown?
(December 8, 2014 at 11:11 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: So what do they think it will accomplish? I don't get it.

"Make Obama look bad."

Seriously, shutting down the government 2 weeks before Christmas? What a bunch of fucking Grinches.
And this is a government we are supposed to respect?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Let's see:

Mitch McConnell -

http://news.yahoo.com/can-mitch-mcconnel...00896.html

Quote:Moments after Cruz spoke, McConnell held a press conference on the other side of the chamber to celebrate his election as leader. “We will not be shutting the government down or threatening to default on the federal debt,” he declared, repeating a promise he’d made at his victory press conference after his re-election.

John Boehner -

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/0...BM20141205

Quote:Overriding objections from some conservative Republicans, U.S. House Speaker John Boehner vowed on Thursday to plow ahead with a spending bill that averts a government shutdown while keeping some budget "leverage" over President Barack Obama's immigration order.

Quickly we shall see exactly how full of shit the republicunt leadership is.
The important shit is protected; aircraft carriers do not turn around and head to home ports, social security checks won't bounce, they don't drain the dams and shut off the electricity, interstates still open and you can still get a speeding ticket.

Anyone really give a rat's ass if the National Labor Relations Board is MIA for a week ??

Gives all of us an excuse to excoriate our fucktard congress persons too. Fuck 'em all in the ass !!
(December 9, 2014 at 12:13 am)Minimalist Wrote: Quickly we shall see exactly how full of shit the republicunt leadership is.

McConnell vs. Cruz.

Anyone want to place your bets? Sad to say my money is on Cruz.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 9, 2014 at 1:02 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(December 9, 2014 at 12:13 am)Minimalist Wrote: Quickly we shall see exactly how full of shit the republicunt leadership is.

McConnell vs. Cruz.

I'll take the bet. I'll see your Cruz and raise you a Paul.
(December 9, 2014 at 1:25 am)Cato Wrote:
(December 9, 2014 at 1:02 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: McConnell vs. Cruz.

I'll take the bet. I'll see your Cruz and raise you a Paul.

You both have a pair of douchebags, split pot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone Explain This 'Shutdown' to Me? Jade-Green Stone 62 5542 January 22, 2019 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2393 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  The Shutdown is over! Rev. Rye 22 4029 October 17, 2013 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Shutdown - The tea party`s last move? Something completely different 36 7472 October 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Raeven
  Federal Government Shutdown DeistPaladin 224 44129 October 14, 2013 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Koch Brothers abandoning shutdown strategy Creed of Heresy 10 2400 October 11, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Another day another American gun rampage. downbeatplumb 51 8901 June 12, 2013 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Another Republican, another gay sex scandal but this time with children! TaraJo 9 4540 November 1, 2012 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Utracia
  Another day, another resignation Tobie 2 1119 March 25, 2012 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  US FED Raids New Zealand - Shuts Down Megaupload. Also Anonymous shutdown DOJ page 8BitAtheist 13 6511 January 20, 2012 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Zen Badger