Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal Government Shutdown
Federal Government Shutdown
It appears the psychotic team of nihilists we call the GOP are going to shut down our Federal Government. Already I've seen a slowdown in my business and I'm not alone, as reflected by the stock market. I wanted to open this thread to discuss views on this and how we're all doing as this self-inflicted crisis continues.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Federal Government Shutdown
They are crazy bastards...what else is there to say?

[Image: 1374177_697429060285686_523957354_n.jpg?w=480&h=322]
At least the Beltway will be easily navigated tomorrow... Bright side? Undecided
They are immature whiners who behave like children when they do not get their way.

GOP: Oh, you won't do things our way? Fine, we'll shut down the government..
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
GOP? It seems both sides have a stake, and one side is certainly not compromising.

GOP: How about this?
D: Nope.
GOP: OK, what about this?

All of the fuckers are responsible, but guess what? Many of them are just doing what their constituents voted for. The tea party people were voted into office by those who wanted TP ideals. The Dems likewise. If you don't like the results you'll have to change government to get rid of checks & balances.
Oh no, Airy... The group holding the gun to the victim's head is always more at fault than the group who won't meet their demands. The GOP is at fault for the shutdown, plain and simple. Seriously, this government is like an abusive relationship.
You mean 2/3 of 1/3 of the government is to fault? Seems like the rest are panty waists.

Edit: I was too quick to overestimate...it is roughly 1/2 of 1/3 (or 1/6).
Yeah...shitty analogy man. More like this.

GOP: How about this? Give me what I want or I start killing the kids.
GOP: OK, what about this? It'll be your fault if I kill these kids.
(September 30, 2013 at 10:49 pm)Airyaman Wrote: Seems like the rest are panty waists.
You got THAT right. Jaysus, are the dems in this government giant wusses. But at least they aren't the GOP- those guys are fucking toxic. Creationism! Sex is bad! Uteruses are public property! Fuck the poor! Privatize education!

Those guys are fucking HORRIBLE. The dems are just spineless whiners.
Where do you live, Albania? Because, here in DC, the House is a majority GOP, the Dems have an ever so slight edge in the Senate. The shutdown is about spending bills not getting passed through Congress, namely the House. The GOPs are refusing to sign off on the spending bills. Do you have no clue how the US government functions?

I'm not too happy with the Democrats in general, but if they capitulate to the GOP on this... So help me...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2422 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1231 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Someone Explain This 'Shutdown' to Me? Jade-Green Stone 62 5406 January 22, 2019 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2342 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2251 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3055 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 2952 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  PBS CEO Warns That Federal Cuts will Sink Some Stations c172 10 1691 August 1, 2017 at 1:54 am
  Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government pocaracas 14 2704 February 25, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  Sessions: Secularists Unfit For Government Secular Elf 9 1371 January 19, 2017 at 1:18 am