Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis even brings the Gospel to your pets
Pope Francis even brings the Gospel to your pets
Quote:The news accounts of Francis’ remarks were welcomed by groups like the Humane Society of the United States and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, who saw them as a repudiation of conservative Roman Catholic theology that says animals cannot go to heaven because they have no souls.

Coverage of religion is often indistinguishable from reading the Onion.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/wor...0&referrer=
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Pope Francis even brings the Gospel to your pets
Isn't it great how you can just make stuff up to give your religion more appeal, and nobody will bat an eyelid? It's almost as if they know that the validity of religion is decided solely on how popular it is and not on whether there's actually any evidence that anything they're saying is true.

Wait... does this also mean that animals can go to hell? Are the criterion for that the same as humans? Is is even possible for non-sapient animals to accept Jesus into their hearts?
Quote:Isn't it great how you can just make stuff up to give your religion more appeal, and nobody will bat an eyelid?

Catholics are pretty much the stupidest bastards going.
I guess the Catholic Church intend to move onto other mammals when most of humanity outgrows superstition.
So how can pets get into heaven if they haven't accepted JC and asked for forgiveness?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(December 14, 2014 at 3:10 am)Zen Badger Wrote: So how can pets get into heaven if they haven't accepted JC and asked for forgiveness?

They no have original sin. Duh.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Can't speak for Heaven, although I'm all but certain one of our cats (The Booj) is going to Hell. Not for sinning, but I suspect he's going to put the place under new management.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 14, 2014 at 1:58 am)Minimalist Wrote: Catholics are pretty much the stupidest bastards going.

Stupid I reserve for certain brands of evangelicals, who don't even accept science if it slaps them square between the eyes. As far as Catholics go, sleazy is the better term. They're always wiggling out under the weight of reality.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
After all, they have an official astronomer who's a serious guy, and calling the Jesuits stupid is also a stretch
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Leave my pets alone you stupid hat wearing lying cunt. Start shopping out your pedophiles instead.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Even if theism is a failure, it's still superior to atheism R00tKiT 491 36269 December 25, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1932 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3305 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 9011 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 15604 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4163 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4910 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 43335 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  For anyone who likes Pope Francis Creed of Heresy 26 3903 February 7, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Why pets (dogs/cats) are better than religion Dystopia 22 3375 January 16, 2015 at 9:54 am