Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration for the Wealthy
Immigration for the Wealthy
Before reading this article I didn't know that legal immigration status could simply be purchased.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/busine...v=top-news

Quote:Wealthy investors from around the world are increasingly shopping for visas or citizenship in other countries, hoping for a personal hedge against their own volatile governments or economies. A vast majority are new millionaires and billionaires from emerging-market countries, especially China, Russia and nations in the Middle East. Often, they’re shopping for passports or entree into Europe, the United States, Canada and Australia.

A comparison of the political and economic ideologies of the origination and destination states is telling.

Quote:Some say they have the potential to offer safe harbor to people who made their fortune through corruption or illegal activities.
Sounds like state sponsored money laundering.

This of course is all perfectly legal with programs specifically designed for its administration. Something to consider for those that scream 'rule of law' in debates regarding immigration. It seems the law is set up to tell penniless and hungry people to fuck off, but if you have some coin a red carpet will be rolled out.
RE: Immigration for the Wealthy
Anything can be purchased. That's what the 1% counts on.
(December 14, 2014 at 12:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Anything can be purchased. That's what the 1% counts on.

Are you one of the 1%? I bet you are well into the top 10%

https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/get-invo...-rich-am-i
(December 14, 2014 at 8:14 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(December 14, 2014 at 12:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Anything can be purchased. That's what the 1% counts on.

Are you one of the 1%? I bet you are well into the top 10%

I loves me some equivocation. You two aren't even remotely talking about the same thing. I think you know this, Heywood.
Not "well" into but yeah. I make it.

Quote:You are in the richest 0.9% of the world's population.

Your income is more than 41.0 times the global average.

But what good does it do if the whole country is dragged into the shitter by these rich cocksuckers?

As I have previously mentioned, these tea bagging morons are fixated on the wrong revolution.

This:

[Image: frenchrev.jpg]

is what they should be worried about.

To quote Aeschylus - Dangerous is a people's voice charged with wrath—it acts as a curse of publicly ratified doom.
Don't be fooled immigration laws have nothing at all to do with the economy or criminals its all about racism and classism

America was founded by and for immigrants yet were in top 5 for strictest immigration procedures.

I wonder when the kkk will finally just blow up the statue of liberty

(December 14, 2014 at 9:42 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 14, 2014 at 8:14 pm)Heywood Wrote: Are you one of the 1%? I bet you are well into the top 10%

I loves me some equivocation. You two aren't even remotely talking about the same thing. I think you know this, Heywood.

We are talking about the 1% of the population that has the highest income....those which can afford to buy their way into any country they want. We are talking about rich bastards like Minimalist.
Here is a hint about immigration laws, they aren't fair and this country would be waaay worse off if they were. I've lived in Mexico and South America both and just about everybody there has delusions about making easy money in the United States. We cannot support the numbers of people who want to come over here. It is harsh, but it is also reality. If we opened up the proverbial flood gates, there just wouldn't be enough jobs for all the people who would come up here, not even close and those people would end up living in the streets with no jobs. We recently had high unemployment just for the people who live here already. It would be worse not just for people who are here already, but for the immigrants themselves. That's why someone from Norway, Switzerland or one of your Millionaires doesn't have a problem getting into the country. Those people don't have an incentive to stay because they can already make more money in their home country where wages are higher than they can in the United States.

Again, you can tell sob stories about how hard things are for immigrants, but opening up immigration and making it 'fair' for everyone is going to make the problem way worse, not better.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 14, 2014 at 10:43 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(December 14, 2014 at 9:42 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I loves me some equivocation. You two aren't even remotely talking about the same thing. I think you know this, Heywood.

We are talking about the 1% of the population that has the highest income....those which can afford to buy their way into any country they want. We are talking about rich bastards like Minimalist.

Oddly enough, by the standarda in that link, I too am in the top 1% worldwide income-wise. Yet, I seem to lack both the financial resources and the connections to buy myself out of much of anything. Somehow, that income doesn't seem to make me such a "rich bastard" in any developed country, which if I'm not too terribly mistaken, was what he was referring to: the top 1% elite in developed countries. Which, incidentally, doesn't include either he or I. That isn't what he was referring to when he spoke of the 1%.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4879 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think about the immigration crisis? FlatAssembler 37 4340 February 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: highdimensionman
  Illegal Immigration Lek 183 14692 February 15, 2019 at 3:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to fix immigration. onlinebiker 5 480 November 30, 2018 at 10:33 am
Last Post: brewer
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 730 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  This Is Why We Can't Address Immigration Minimalist 0 309 August 23, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Immigration Payola chimp3 0 424 May 7, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Illegal Immigration Lek 8 1474 January 16, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  GOP/Cuba and anti/immigration/refugee crap Brian37 11 3887 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  George Bush and Ronald Regan debate immigration 1980 CapnAwesome 0 736 January 7, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome