Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Only The Romans
If Only The Romans
had been as on top of things as the Chinese maybe the world wouldn't be so fucked up?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014122...2c756.html

Quote:Two days before Christmas, members of a rural Christian congregation in eastern China welded pieces of metal into a cross and hoisted it onto the top of a worship hall to replace one that was forcibly removed in October.

Within an hour, township officials and uniformed men barged onto the church ground and tore down the cross.
RE: If Only The Romans
(December 25, 2014 at 1:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: had been as on top of things as the Chinese maybe the world wouldn't be so fucked up?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014122...2c756.html

Quote:Two days before Christmas, members of a rural Christian congregation in eastern China welded pieces of metal into a cross and hoisted it onto the top of a worship hall to replace one that was forcibly removed in October.

Within an hour, township officials and uniformed men barged onto the church ground and tore down the cross.

Maybe there is a reason why the Chinese empire is still around after 2000 years, where as the one afflicted with the jesus cult isn't.
Freedom of conscience should not be abrogated.

It's not like the Chinese authorities nailed 95 theses to the door.

Thinking
(December 25, 2014 at 2:02 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: It's not like the Chinese authorities nailed 95 theses to the door.

Thinking

So maybe the Chinese empire would soon fall anyway.
(December 25, 2014 at 2:00 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Freedom of conscience should not be abrogated.

When has the fucking church ever advocated "freedom" of anything?
(December 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(December 25, 2014 at 2:00 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Freedom of conscience should not be abrogated.

When have I claimed they did?

My point was political, not theological. I had though that was obvious.

And it annoys me no end, the christers are going to work themselves into a froth over this decrossification in China without first evaluating the franchise there for ideological purity and conformance to the terms and conditions as set down by god almighty.

They might be apostates, blasphemers and/or heretics, and the Chicoms are actually doing the Lawds work there !!!!

Devil
(December 25, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(December 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When has the fucking church ever advocated "freedom" of anything?

When have I claimed they did?

My point was political, not theological. I had though that was obvious.

Quote:We are satisfied that there can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
(December 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Well, they're very passionate about freedom of religion. Angel
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Luther didn't know about Romans 1,1-17 SeniorCitizen 1 380 November 20, 2023 at 11:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12916 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10041 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2160 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13726 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20898 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 8487 March 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4177 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  The ONLY true christian Foxaèr 28 5959 January 28, 2016 at 6:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Review so far of the Romans study Drich 199 33416 December 18, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon