Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Only It Were That Simple
If Only It Were That Simple
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/publi...eferences/

Quote:Publisher sets off firestorm after omitting Israel from school atlases ‘to meet local preferences’

Quote:A representative for Collins Bartholomew, a subsidiary of HarperCollins that specializes in maps, explained that including Israel would have been “unacceptable” to their customers in the Gulf and the omission was in line with “local preferences”.
RE: If Only It Were That Simple
I've about had it with the fucking mideast.

How about flip a coin marked jew on one side, arab on the other, and which ever one comes up, send in the USAF with 25 megaton hellburners and end it once and for fucking all. And I don't give a rat's ass which side gets reduced to slag, and I'd almost say right off the bat, skip the damn coin and burn both sides down to fucking bedrock.

Happy New Year

Devil
I agree with vorlon13, both sides sicken me.
That's on the same lines as the Texas textbook debacle. You can't ignore reality for bigot's sake.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
One of the easiest ways to con people is to tell them what they want to hear.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
What's next - omitting Mexico to keep from angering USians? Leaving Norway off the map so the Swedes don't get cranky?

Political geography isn't a matter of 'local preferences', ffs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Seems like in the next mideast war, it might be helpful for the arab soldiers to have a clue about where the fucking targets are, but what do I know ??
(January 2, 2015 at 2:49 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Seems like in the next mideast war, it might be helpful for the arab soldiers to have a clue about where the fucking targets are, but what do I know ??

Perhaps that has been the problem all along?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation 11:30 (local Time) Iranian Drones were detected moving toward Israel Leonardo17 34 901 April 24, 2024 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Obama: This simple '60 Minutes' question was 'too tough' for Trump WinterHold 7 785 October 31, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Consistency Is Not a Virtue If Your Only Consistently Evil The Architect Of Fate 3 236 September 2, 2020 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Where were you 9/11/2001? Brian37 63 3121 September 20, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  I TOLD You Those Vegans Were Trouble!! BrianSoddingBoru4 6 784 September 1, 2019 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Knew Democrats Were Better! Minimalist 4 819 November 17, 2018 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3150 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
  Saudi Arabia: Two Saudi girls who flee to the U.S.A for asylum, were found dead WinterHold 1 591 October 31, 2018 at 4:56 pm
  The Orange Fucktard Isn't The Only One Minimalist 0 216 August 30, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mom who killed her two year old only gets 40 years Sterben 15 2061 July 21, 2018 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris