Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Everybody loves Islam -- German edition
Everybody loves Islam -- German edition
Anti-Islam 'Pegida' rally in Dresden sees record turnout.

A record 17,500 people turn out for the latest "anti-Islamisation" rally in the German city of Dresden, according to police estimates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrCds1hfi0g

This will not end well.
RE: Everybody loves Islam -- German edition
Good on them, I hope we in Australia will do the same.
I've met a few muslims and so far they have all been nice and didn't blow up unexpectedly. You can't damn the whole bunch just because the most vocal ones are arseholes..

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 1, 2015 at 7:03 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I've met a few muslims and so far they have all been nice and didn't blow up unexpectedly. You can't damn the whole bunch just because the most vocal ones are arseholes..
Fact 1 - There are 90 verses in the Koran which command Muslims to imitate the prophet Mohammed.
Fact 2 - Mohammed beheaded a whole Jewish tribe, the Banu Qurayza.
Fact 3 - Mohammed beheaded poets who criticised him.
Fact 4 - Mohammed sanctions sex slaves as the spoils of war.
Fact 5 - Mohammed ordered or supported 43 assassinations.
Fact 6 - Mohammed commanded 65 military campaigns, and fought in 27 of them.

Conclusion 1 - Islam is a religion of "peace".
Conclusion 2 - A significant percentage of every Muslim population will follow the "peaceful" example of Mohammed and blow up unexpectedly.

The question for Downbeat is: how big does our Muslim population have to get before we have a serious problem (if we don't already have one)?
(January 1, 2015 at 7:31 am)mralstoner Wrote:
(January 1, 2015 at 7:03 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I've met a few muslims and so far they have all been nice and didn't blow up unexpectedly. You can't damn the whole bunch just because the most vocal ones are arseholes..
Fact 1 - There are 90 verses in the Koran which command Muslims to imitate the prophet Mohammed.
Fact 2 - Mohammed beheaded a whole Jewish tribe, the Banu Qurayza.
Fact 3 - Mohammed beheaded poets who criticised him.
Fact 4 - Mohammed sanctions sex slaves as the spoils of war.
Fact 5 - Mohammed ordered or supported 43 assassinations.
Fact 6 - Mohammed commanded 65 military campaigns, and fought in 27 of them.

Conclusion 1 - Islam is a religion of "peace".
Conclusion 2 - A significant percentage of every Muslim population will follow the "peaceful" example of Mohammed and blow up unexpectedly.

The question for Downbeat is: how big does our Muslim population have to get before we have a serious problem (if we don't already have one)?

You can point to just as many horrors in the bible. The problem is not muslims its islam. If Christians can ignore the horrid bits in the bible then the muslims can do the same in the Koran. It's the devout ones that are the problem and they are the minority.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Fortunately, in her New Year's Eve Message, Chancellorette Merkel convincingly appealed to the people to be careful not to get carried away by xenophobic sentiments, and explicitly asked everyone not to join these protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKqi2IK2go

(January 1, 2015 at 7:45 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: You can point to just as many horrors in the bible. The problem is not muslims its islam. If Christians can ignore the horrid bits in the bible then the muslims can do the same in the Koran. It's the devout ones that are the problem and they are the minority.

^ This is true, the other way lies catastrophe.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Also it's worth mentioning that the founder of Pegida, Lutz Bachmann, is a convicted burglar, drug dealer and criminal with a rap sheat as long as his forearm. Also the Pegida Neo Nazi affiliation isn't mentioned at all, so if you lie down with dogs, don't be surprised to wake up with fleas.

And yes, they claim to fight for the judeo/christian heritage. Sounds familar to any American I guess and I congratulate everyone on being an atheist and looking for allies in their own bigotry cause on the religious right. Last but not least, the muslim population makes up 5 percent of the German population. So, yeah, I guess these 5 percent stand a real good chance of overtaking the country and of istalling Islamic law.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 1, 2015 at 8:28 am)abaris Wrote: Also it's worth mentioning that the founder of Pegida, Lutz Bachmann, is a convicted burglar, drug dealer and criminal with a rap sheat as long as his forearm. Also the Pegida Neo Nazi affiliation isn't mentioned at all, so if you lie down with dogs, don't be surprised to wake up with fleas.
It is noteworthy, but in the end, I thought it didn't really matter that much...
Quote:And yes, they claim to fight for the judeo/christian heritage.
These far right wing people confuse me. The neopagan part of the movement claims to fight against the judeochristian takeover of Germania. In the end they all end up together hating the muslims. Fascinating. Also, does this mean that hating Jews is not en vogue any more in the right wing, if "the Muslims" also hate the Jews?
Quote:Sounds familar to any American I guess and I congratulate everyone on being an atheist and looking for allies in their own bigotry cause on the religious right. Last but not least, the muslim population makes up 5 percent of the German population. So, yeah, I guess these 5 percent stand a real good chance of overtaking the country and of istalling Islamic law.

If you ask people how many "Turks" there are in Germany (as people have done), you get absurd answers like one third of the population or such nonsense, when it's a bit more than 3 million people. Only half of these are turkish citizens.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(January 1, 2015 at 7:45 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: You can point to just as many horrors in the bible. The problem is not muslims its islam. If Christians can ignore the horrid bits in the bible then the muslims can do the same in the Koran. It's the devout ones that are the problem and they are the minority.
Oh FFS, not this bullshit again. Muslims follow Mohammed. Christians follow Jesus, not the Old Testament.

Mohammed was a head-chopping, sex slaving, warlord. Jesus didn't kill anyone.

Read the biographies of Jesus and Mo to a 5th grader and even they have more brain cells than you to see than one is a far more violent role model than the other. #DumberThanA5thGrader
(January 1, 2015 at 8:57 am)mralstoner Wrote:
Oh FFS, not this bullshit again. Muslims follow Mohammed. Christians follow Jesus, not the Old Testament.

You mean because the ten commandmends, which every other evangelical is trying to placard onto American courtrooms, are so much in the New Testament?
Quote:#DumberThanA5thGrader
Yawn. I don't know about you, but I learned this stuff in fifth grade...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7729 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  So beautiful. And so he loves beauty too. WinterHold 56 7282 December 30, 2016 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: camlov2019
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5420 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  German constitutional court allows the heardscarves in public schools Dystopia 17 3278 March 14, 2015 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Life Imitating Art; Suicide Bomber Edition Cato 0 946 February 11, 2014 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Cato
  Jasmine Loves Children, Magic & Freedom (This Prompts Muslim OutRage) EgoRaptor 60 11996 December 17, 2013 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33617 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet