Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gandhi rejected Christianity as a false religion
Gandhi rejected Christianity as a false religion
Quote:Gandhi was shrewd enough to tell missionaries, “I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” When asked why he did not embrace Christianity, Gandhi said it offered nothing he could not get from his own religion.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014...nity-fals/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Gandhi rejected Christianity as a false religion
Ah, but Gandhi did not realize the power and wealth possible with establishing a Christian TV ministry in the United States.

Wink Shades
Yes Gandhi was right, but then he got too involved in his own beliefs.
So, according to him Shit-B is better than Shit-A. Ok, fine! I don't care as long as they don't try to sell me any variant of those shits.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(January 2, 2015 at 2:14 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: So, according to him Shit-B is better than Shit-A. Ok, fine! I don't care as long as they don't try to sell me any variant of those shits.

I wouldn't worry too much, you probably wouldn't understand their beliefs anyway, as they probably wouldn't understand yours.
(January 2, 2015 at 2:21 am)psychoslice Wrote:
(January 2, 2015 at 2:14 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: So, according to him Shit-B is better than Shit-A. Ok, fine! I don't care as long as they don't try to sell me any variant of those shits.

I wouldn't worry too much, you probably wouldn't understand their beliefs anyway, as they probably wouldn't understand yours.
Not too sure about Gandhi, but apparently religious people understand my beliefs better than I do. They keep telling ME what I believe or don't believe...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(January 2, 2015 at 2:26 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(January 2, 2015 at 2:21 am)psychoslice Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much, you probably wouldn't understand their beliefs anyway, as they probably wouldn't understand yours.
Not too sure about Gandhi, but apparently religious people understand my beliefs better than I do. They keep telling ME what I believe or don't believe...

Yea, isn't that a pain in the butt lol.
Gandhi also abused his wife.

(January 2, 2015 at 3:09 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: Gandhi also abused his wife.

Yes we all have our downside, but old Gandhi was just a little ahead of what most people were.
Doubtful. Have some Hitch.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...hi/308550/
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When believing false things is comforting Foxaèr 45 5262 September 26, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Why is religion especially Christianity so widely practied? GODZILLA 69 6602 February 19, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2040 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christianity Is The BEST Religion.... Nimbus 201 17636 February 23, 2018 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  The false self and our knowledge of it's deception proves God. Mystic 89 12206 April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bad Religion: How Trump is warping Christianity for his own gain. Foxaèr 4 1044 February 6, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: GUBU
  What gives a religion the right to claim their fantasy is correct and the rest false? Casca 62 6425 November 20, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 5996 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  False pagan gods are not the True ones? theBorg 88 15724 August 17, 2016 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10706 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue