Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Greetings
Hi all,

My name is Colton, or as you can see my user name 'Kulthenius', which is the Latinized version of my birth name that I chose when I became a man. Actually I was reading a book about a boy that became a man and changed his name and was so inspired that I decided to do it myself, and then the nickname stuck.

I grew up in Idaho, USA, but live in Southern China where I teach and write. I used to feel quite comfortable here, almost a 'freedom from religion', but that has changed as secret missionary teachers have flooded the Middle Kingdom with on the cusp preaching, but that however, will probably best be placed in another thread.

Happy to be here, hope I can learn something.
RE: Greetings
(January 3, 2015 at 9:33 pm)Kulthenius Wrote: but that has changed as secret missionary teachers have flooded the Middle Kingdom with on the cusp preaching, but that however, will probably best be placed in another thread.

Hope, they get arrested. Welcome.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:but that has changed as secret missionary teachers have flooded the Middle Kingdom with on the cusp preaching,

Yes. Contact the authorities. Chinese citizens have enough trouble without a bunch of jesus freak morons running around loose.

Welcome aboard, friend.
(January 3, 2015 at 9:38 pm)abaris Wrote: Hope, they get arrested. Welcome.

As do I

(January 3, 2015 at 9:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yes. Contact the authorities. Chinese citizens have enough trouble without a bunch of jesus freak morons running around loose.

Unfortunately the bureaucracy here is assblowingly assblowing, and most authorities wouldn't recognize a full-boar Jesus freak from a pedophile, though as I write this I realize how similar they could look.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Welcome

What made you move to China to teach? Interesting.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 3, 2015 at 11:43 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: What made you move to China to teach? Interesting.

A friend asked me to come here to accompany/bodyguard her daughter for 4 months in a volunteer program. That ended, the daughter went back to the states, and I stayed and ten years went by quickly.
Welcome

I would love to read about your experiences in and opinions about China.
All I get here is media misinformation and Phyllis Shafly(sp?) paranoia.
Sometimes I like bureaucracies ability to keep the temporary help (elected officials) from doing something hasty and stupid while they are in office.
What's it like there?
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Welocme, nice to have you here! Big Grin
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 810 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1200 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 822 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1296 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1271 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1311 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2806 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 1030 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm