Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attacks on French Mosques.
Attacks on French Mosques.
It is understandable to be pissed at the attacks on Charlie. But the assholes who did this, instead of allowing law enforcement of France are no better than the Islamic nuts who murdered 12 people.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...sques.html
RE: Attacks on French Mosques.
Good one Bri. It's the ones that stop and don't retaliate that will end the problem.
(January 8, 2015 at 9:20 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Good one Bri. It's the ones that stop and don't retaliate that will end the problem.

It helps if you retaliate against the right people. The extremists killed people who had nothing to do with the horrible act of making a cartoon in a newspaper. These idiots could have done the same.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Ah geez, no people! That is insane Sad This is not the way to handle the situation.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Last I checked, Extreme right was on the rise in many of central europe. All they need is an excuse. Meh, old continent, old habits.
(January 8, 2015 at 9:20 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Good one Bri. It's the ones that stop and don't retaliate that will end the problem.

Froodo, you have been around long enough to know I have no compunction in telling you religion is made up human invented garbage. I do have to give you credit for one thing, you stuck around and have not run away in fear or hate.

You and I have it good in the west. The worst the other has to worry about is "bullshit" or "fuck you" or even "I hate you".

But there are in the world Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, atheists,Christians and gays for example, that live in parts of the world where they are minorities and even minorities within the same label, that have to fear even if not government, the stigma of their neighbors. It is worse when the government itself stigmatizes those not in the majority.

I have observed in my 48 years far too much of human's ability to be cruel to know that words no matter how offensive, should never lead to violence.
(January 8, 2015 at 9:26 am)LastPoet Wrote: Last I checked, Extreme right was on the rise in many of central europe. All they need is an excuse. Meh, old continent, old habits.

Why do you think I'm that opposed to all that generalization crap? The OP is exactly the result of that line of thinking. And it happens without any reason too. In Sweden there have been three attacks within the week leading up to christmas.

And the rightwingers gladly cash in their political dimes.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 8, 2015 at 9:26 am)LastPoet Wrote: Last I checked, Extreme right was on the rise in many of central europe. All they need is an excuse. Meh, old continent, old habits.

Yea there is also a rise of anti Semitism in Europe. I will be the first to say Jews and Israel do not deserve a taboo nor should they be setting up a watered down theocracy like "Christian Nation", but I don't care who you are angry at or why, violence does not solve shit.

Someone gets violent with you, you let the law and government handle it. And while doing that you also don't assume that those violent fucks represent the entirety of that label.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 361 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Covid and the attacks on Asian people no one 35 1508 February 27, 2022 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 579 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2400 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Mississippi valedictorian denied solo honor deluged with racist attacks Foxaèr 3 855 July 17, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Court Jester
  French Presidential elections pocaracas 30 5856 May 7, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Boy found dead in French street after parents 'punish him' account_inactive 26 4700 February 9, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  French soldier kills a terrorist dyresand 17 2239 February 4, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Russia suspected in cyber attacks on US news outlets account_inactive 21 2704 August 24, 2016 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  European Islamic terrorist attacks paulpablo 94 12211 August 7, 2016 at 10:54 am
Last Post: RobertE