Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Music Videos
Best Music Videos
What are your favorite music videos?
One that I like is Fun.'s 'One Foot.' Really cool video.
Also, Little Game by Benny is awesome. Watch them and let me know what you think.
Any recommendations from y'all?
RE: Best Music Videos
[youtube]fTH71AAxXmM[/youtube]

At the tail end of when Mtv showed music videos The White Stipes snuck this one in and turned me on to their music. The next video I saw by them was Dead Leaves which is also very unique. He walks through his old house as the memories he's had in that house are projected on to the walls. Very clever.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I see your clever... and I counter with wacky.

<ixnay>

Right, I'm not sure if art and occasional 'nudity' or 'sexual themes' all belongs in A69. Like... I'd consider this under 'weird' or 'humor', but i'm not making the call that and assuming that my interpretations match everyone else's. I doubt anyone'd get off on it, but fuck if I care Smile More pleasure to them, yeah? Dodgy

Just a Gigalo - David Lee Roth
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Exian, Cool videos, the music just isn't my personal taste. I love the videos though.
Alice, Daaaaaaaaaaaaave
Gone
This one wins for ingenious simplicity. Production value can't go much lower unless you push the van to save gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

God damn dude, I fucking love Meshuggah. In the late 90's/early 2000's, my drummer and I were trying to nail down polyrhythms without knowing they existed, so when we first heard Soul Burn we had mixed emotional reactions of "Yes!" and "Fuck me." Saw them up at Peabody's in Cleveland a few times. Watching the drummer do his thang, you'd have thought he was playing for AC/DC; that's how easy he made playing that stuff look.

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I'm not home to link it, but Somebody I Used to Know is one of the first that comes to mind. Love White Stripes vids.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
I love Gotye. He has a few behind the scenes videos on youtube showing how he creates his music. It's fascinating stuff. He goes out to a farm where a dude made this giant stringed instrument out of fence posts and wire. Gotye records the sound and maps it to his keyboard so he's able to reproduce it in his studio. That dude loves sound. I love people who love things.

And don't get me started on Kimbra. That lady is an honest to goodness genius. Her videos are good, but you have to watch her live to really appreciate what she does.

And if we're talking Somebody That I Used to Know and cool music videos, you have to mention Walk Off the Earth. They excel at making clever gimmicky music videos. Too many to name. Pick one and you'll have fun watching it.

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
"Walk off the Earth" vids are great, especially the Gotye cover!
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of music? MR. Macabre 666 62 3428 October 30, 2023 at 3:21 am
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 588 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 726 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  Christmas Music!! BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2528 December 22, 2019 at 9:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3139 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Baby pictures/Videos ect..... Brian37 12 864 December 7, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Embedding Videos chimp3 11 1203 August 11, 2017 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Totally inappropriate videos.... Joods 0 225 June 26, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Final Determination of Christmas Carol Lyrics/Make Your Videos Shell B 64 4595 December 22, 2016 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Get Your Christmas Videos In Shell B 11 1193 December 19, 2016 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Shell B