Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Trek show...
New Trek show...
About fucking time!

There has been to much retro shit in the Trekverse over the past decades.

First it was Enterprise, then the Jar Jar Abrams “Trek” reboots, and then Discovery, which I still haven’t seen.

But it has just been announced that they are going to be making a new Trek series, based two decades after the end of TNG and once again starring Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard!

Let’s hope it lives up to it’s potential!
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: New Trek show...
I'm really excited about this. I love Sir Patrick Stewart! I wonder if other old cast members will guest star? What is the plot? Who cares! It's going to be good, I just feel it.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(August 5, 2018 at 5:09 am)Aroura Wrote: I'm really excited about this. I love Sir Patrick Stewart! I wonder if other old cast members will guest star? What is the plot? Who cares! It's going to be good, I just feel it.

With Patrick Stewart I suspect it will be good. And it’s what I’ve been wanting since the end of Voyager: a show that carries on the story into the future.

I’d like to see some of the old cast guest star, especially Captain Riker. And I hope it would answer some of the questions I have from other shows.
Dying to live, living to die.
I predict retreads, re-runs and further recycling. The people in charge if Trek now are milking the money cow. They're not interested in putting up quality entertainment.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Sweet baby jeezus, Stewart is 78 years old.  I hope they still have that brain wave operated wheelchair that Christopher Pike used in TOS.

What're they going to call it - 'Geria-Trek'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ah, sir Patrick Stewart has spent too much time out of the Enterprise. Engage:

Sure, Patrick steward was in some roles that were demanding.   (None of those were in TNG, BTW), But I  can’t say I was impressed by how well he carried these roles.   I was watching him with Derek Jacobi on I Claudius a decade before he was Picard.    He carried the villainous role was the same smarmy attitude he portrayed Picard.   When watching it one wonders whether that was Praetorian Prefect Sejanius or captain Picard that emperor Tiberius was plotting overthrow. A really good actor never causes one to imagines the character he is playing now is the same as a different character he played in a different movie or show.

The paternalistic popinjay captain in an utopian egalitarian universe in TNG never sat right with me.   It created too much of an utopia decreed from on high.
I'm open to it, if they put it on Hulu and/or Netflix.
According to Auntie Beeb, it'll be on CBS All Access, the same network that brought us 'Discovery'.  yay.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 5, 2018 at 9:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: According to Auntie Beeb, it'll be on CBS All Access, the same network that brought us 'Discovery'.  yay.

Boru

“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Undercover Boss" TV show. Brian37 13 618 June 20, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Your favorite Star Trek Universe Alien Foxaèr 27 1067 November 28, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Do you have a favorite HGTV show? Foxaèr 1 270 July 29, 2020 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1697 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dog v Cats, a cable show......... Brian37 9 791 May 17, 2020 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Dear Hunter, another cop show. Brian37 35 2799 February 6, 2020 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Star Trek Picard - Teaser Fake Messiah 60 6015 October 7, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I loved the show MASH... BUT.... Brian37 61 4104 May 4, 2019 at 6:29 am