Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Samson a moron, or does beguiling actually work?
Was Samson a moron, or does beguiling actually work?
I'm reading the story of Samson and Delilah while watching DarkMatter2525 on YouTube, because as I'm a Skeptic, I try to ask questions and see evidence for myself whenever possible, in Darkmatters case I like to make sure he's not strawmanning the living hell out of the bible. Which so far, no, he isn't. The bible really is that fake.

In my old catholic bible, they tell Delilah to "beguile" Samson to get the secret to his weakness(Judges 16:5), and after I read that, I looked up "beguile" which means charm or enchant (someone), sometimes in a deceptive way. Can beguiling really cause someone to do what Samson did in Judges 16:17? Or was Samson just a moron who deserved what he got for being stupid? Thanks a bunch.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Was Samson a moron, or does beguiling actually work?
Sure.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
She was hot, he was horny, he let the wrong head take over. Yes, that could have happened in principle. As to the rest of the story ...
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
It's a classic tale, after all. Homocidal rage machine meets girl. The rest is just negotiation.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 25, 2015 at 3:34 pm)IanHulett Wrote: I'm reading the story of Samson and Delilah while watching DarkMatter2525 on YouTube, because as I'm a Skeptic, I try to ask questions and see evidence for myself whenever possible, in Darkmatters case I like to make sure he's not strawmanning the living hell out of the bible. Which so far, no, he isn't. The bible really is that fake.

In my old catholic bible, they tell Delilah to "beguile" Samson to get the secret to his weakness(Judges 16:5), and after I read that, I looked up "beguile" which means charm or enchant (someone), sometimes in a deceptive way. Can beguiling really cause someone to do what Samson did in Judges 16:17? Or was Samson just a moron who deserved what he got for being stupid? Thanks a bunch.

Samson was a complete idiot who was in love with Delilah and she ended up getting him killed. Also... in the bible it repeats that story anyways
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Moral: Women are untrustworthy. Angel
(January 25, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Moral: Women are untrustworthy. Angel

Doesn't the story of adam and eve point that out already because the whole apple deal?
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Does this mean that we could have learned something from the babble-book?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Why, why, why, Delilah?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Smart enough to test Delilah on what she's do with the information. Not smart enough to dump her after she proved herself untrustworthy.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missionary work, proselytizing Figbash 6 1124 July 30, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3345 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Lol the bible is actually ok with pedophilia, proof from passage Rarieo 80 23296 July 29, 2017 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Astonished
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3190 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Christianity actually condones murder Rolandson 50 10128 January 21, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Catholicism would actually be the most likely controlled Christianity Rolandson 10 1979 January 1, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Redoubtable
  What do non-fundamentalist Christians actually believe? Fromper 66 24422 June 30, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Nice Work Jesus....ya scumbag. Minimalist 50 5411 June 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 49448 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Do Any Christians Actually Know Anything About the Sadducees and the Pharisees? Jenny A 30 6545 September 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Spooky