Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FSTDT Fundie Of The Year Awards 2015
FSTDT Fundie Of The Year Awards 2015
Vote early, vote often, stay for the fundiebaiting:

http://fstdt.net/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=105942
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: FSTDT Fundie Of The Year Awards 2015
How did Drich not get nominated?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It's tough competition, as scary as that sounds.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think Drich's pray-for-cancer routine or his arguments about how we are all just god's playthings stand up to anyting they nominated there.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Man, I'm a little let down prof wasn't in there. He says some extra special stuff, and I would actually be a little proud to vote for him.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Quote:Of course all of these theories are based on a refusal to accept that God could find true delight in torturing people. Well, tough. HE DOES.

Dick Cheney is god?
Some of these individuals may or may not be found in the archive itself., even if not in the running for the award.
I used to read this a lot, but some of that stuff is pretty bizarre and scary. Even in my most devout days, I would never have thought like these people are saying.

You have someone who believes her god is a psycho, but worships him anway because what other choice does she have? A rape apologist who takes a biblical view on women. Finally the quintessential "christianity isn't a religion. It's a relationship with Jesus". All good choices. I'd pick number 3, because it's always fun when someone gets so close to reality, yet slips back at the end. They start saying something perfectly agreeable, then do a hard right into ignorance.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

There are some crazy mother fuckers on that site.
Crazy, hell. Some of them are down right scary!
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ricky Gervais won Dawkins award this year Fake Messiah 13 2282 September 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's coming up to that time of year again... The Valkyrie 40 12155 September 23, 2017 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3577 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Observation after embracing atheism for a year thool 18 3004 July 16, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theistic argument awards 2015 Heat 20 4808 December 26, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Man Crucified Every Year Manowar 10 3084 April 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  1 Year Out of Mormonism LivingNumbers6.626 12 2666 December 29, 2014 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Confessions: Going to Church for Xmas this Year *Deidre* 39 6389 December 28, 2014 at 6:39 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Atheists Gone Wild: Reign of Terror Kills Thousands in Less than a Year Blackrook 79 28647 September 29, 2012 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interview with a 14 year old Atheist. TheHunterCook 5 2415 January 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused