Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists Gone Wild: Reign of Terror Kills Thousands in Less than a Year
Atheists Gone Wild: Reign of Terror Kills Thousands in Less than a Year
Quote:The Reign of Terror (5 September 1793 – 28 July 1794: the latter is date 10 Thermidor, year II of the French Revolutionary Calendar),[1] also known simply as The Terror (French: la Terreur), was a period of violence that occurred after the onset of the French Revolution, incited by conflict between rival political factions, the Girondins and the Jacobins, and marked by mass executions of "enemies of the revolution." The death toll ranged in the tens of thousands, with 16,594 executed by guillotine (2,639 in Paris),[2] and another 25,000 in summary executions across France.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Terror
Atheists took over France after chopping the King's head off, and then it didn't take long before they were chopping each other's heads off in a crazy party atmosphere called the "Reign of Terror."

It was especially dangerous to be a Catholic priest in these days, because both atheist factions agreed that Catholic priests were "anti-Revolutionaries" who might return France to the bad old days when people went to Church and got fair trials when they were accused of crimes.
RE: Atheists Gone Wild: Reign of Terror Kills Thousands in Less than a Year
Oh, do you really want to get into a pissing match between what immoral things atheists and theists were doing hundreds of years ago? Considering you are a Catholic, I would think history would be a topic you would like to avoid since the Catholic church tortured and killed non-believers.

[Image: inquisition1.jpg]

Does this ring a bell?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

How about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_crusades
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Christians gone wild! Holocaust kills millions in just a few years. Then we've got the inquisition, the crusades...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(September 26, 2012 at 12:19 am)Darkstar Wrote:

Christians gone wild! Holocaust kills millions in just a few years. Then we've got the inquisition, the crusades...

So the Nazis were Christians? Wow, that's bizarre.

You might want to tell that to the thousands of Catholic priests and nuns who were murdered at the concentration camps.
do you know why the jacobites are called jacobites?

because when founded they met in a house of the DOMINICAN ORDER in the Rue de Jaques
A very flawed argument, for reasons that have been posted, but at least you seem to be trying to behave yourself. You win a cookie.

[Image: cookie_thumb_zps4df6203a.jpg]
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 26, 2012 at 12:23 am)Blackrook Wrote:

You might want to tell that to the thousands of Catholic priests and nuns who were murdered at the concentration camps.

as a german who grew up next to the nazi camp mauthause and who knows his countries history i can tell you.
the catholic church did nothing to prevent the holocaust! in the beginning supportet nati germany up to 1942. and then lied about it`s envolvment!
can you explain to me why fashism came to be in traditionaly catholic nations!
dont lie about germans when theres a german around you lieing pice of nonsence!
(September 26, 2012 at 12:23 am)Blackrook Wrote:

You haven't looked at any of the sources I have provided, have you? Here are some more for you to blatently disregard: Religion in Nazi Germany
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
i started reading your posts because i thought, maybe your right, maybe you are being insulted without a reason, and i am the kind of person who checkes things before making a judgement.
i came to the conclusion that you start everything by insulting, and if not insulting liying.

as soon as i have figured out how, i will file a complaint
(September 26, 2012 at 12:23 am)Blackrook Wrote: So the Nazis were Christians? Wow, that's bizarre.

No sources? Oh, so there weren't actually thousands of Catholic priests and nuns murdered. Bare assertion with absolutley nothing to corroborate it.

Even if you could, are you somehow equivocating the intentional extermination of the jews on the order of six million with a few thousand Catholic priests and nuns? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. The PERSECUTION!

Where the fuck exactly can I sign up for martyr class????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Less anger towards religion Macoleco 64 6116 December 14, 2022 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 985 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Ricky Gervais won Dawkins award this year Fake Messiah 13 2284 September 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm
  Do Christians really contribut to society more than atheists Asmodee 12 4473 June 27, 2018 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheists are emotionally stronger than theists Alexmahone 92 13698 June 21, 2018 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2200 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  It's coming up to that time of year again... The Valkyrie 40 12292 September 23, 2017 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  There are more American Atheists than we thought Aroura 26 8610 May 27, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why are there less female atheists? Lebneni Murtad 45 8363 March 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm
  Controlled by fables from thousands of years ago! thool 19 2475 January 18, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist