Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A vision of the future and the death of religion
A vision of the future and the death of religion
Let me begin by saying that I do believe that Christianity is true. I believe there a solid arguments that (thus far hold up even against vigorous argumentation) plus the argument from personal experience and being privy to such supernatural effects. Religion will end with a whimper not with a bang.

A view of the future: However, during the next 100+ years will be a watershed socially and technologically. Brain-mapping, unlocking further and further the mysteries of aging, programs that you can "download" into your brain involving such topics as calculus, Intro to Quantum Mechanics, and History of Feudalism. Cloning, genetic engineering, population and environmental/weather manipulation, unlimited resources, knowledge, growth and expansion. The integration of man and machine. The pluralistic interconnectedness of society as we learn there is no black and white between cultures, only shades of gray. As individuals come to learn it is more fun and pleasurable to toy around with designer-drugs and party than it is too sit in a church service. That the fight for your particular religion pales in comparison to the fact that Humans are becoming God-Like.

The reality that economics is splitting the gap even wider between the rich and the poor, how the rich will have such technologies that make the average individual significantly more knoweldgable than the greatest minds today and sincerely more healthy. Death will become less of an issue as humans lives hundreds of years old with that number increasing everyday. Crime is significantly lowered or ceases to exist as we can predict crimes before they happen and or properly rehabilitate individuals with cerebral reprogramming. We become pluralistic all views are welcomed and understood, dogma becomes silly in the face of your own moral and intellectual woes. Empathy, than nonchalance than back to enjoying the best things in life. The proletariat perhaps will hang on to their religion, but it will be marginalized, and ultimately dropped due to desire to conform and put bread in their mouth. We will be able to manipulate the Earth and its souroundings, either communism or feudalism will occour due to the plentiful resources available either being accessible to all or in abundance thus no need to scavange for crumbs, or feudalistic with the wealthiest percentile living significantly above their means. Better tasting food, alcohol, side-affect free drugs that fill you with elation, sexually boundless society will make all forget about their desire to self-lacerate their humanistic desires in order to be closer to the creator, we WILL BE the creator as we strip off the garment of human frailty and join or destiny amongst the stars and spread our seeds throughout the galaxy.....

I see this as a perdiction of what is to come, and no dogma or apologetic can trump the advancement of humanities destiny to be Kings of our own creation
RE: A vision of the future and the death of religion
I think Man Utd might win the weekend, how about you guys?
(January 28, 2015 at 11:23 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I think Man Utd might win the weekend, how about you guys?

I don't know about Man Utd, but I'm thinking about boycotting the Super Bowl.
(January 28, 2015 at 11:26 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(January 28, 2015 at 11:23 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I think Man Utd might win the weekend, how about you guys?

I don't know about Man Utd, but I'm thinking about boycotting the Super Bowl.

Because I am very immature, hearing people seriously discuss the handling of deflated balls makes me giggle.
(January 28, 2015 at 11:19 pm)Eager Mind Wrote:

A view of the future: However, during the next 100+ years will be a watershed socially and technologically.

I see this as a perdiction(sic) of what is to come, and no dogma or apologetic can trump the advancement of humanities destiny to be Kings of our own creation
Sure, or we'll outsmart ourselves and wind up back in front of a campfire to keep the big predators away at night telling ourselves happy stories to keep spirits up and to keep the clerics fed. Religion has more staying power than technological civilization because it doesn't depend on a functioning infrastructure larger than a gullible population which can be quite small.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(January 28, 2015 at 11:19 pm)Eager Mind Wrote:

Christianity has already been proven wrong.
[Image: stock-illustration-24324558-man-relaxing...a-pipe.jpg]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 28, 2015 at 11:29 pm)Nope Wrote:
(January 28, 2015 at 11:26 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I don't know about Man Utd, but I'm thinking about boycotting the Super Bowl.

Because I am very immature, hearing people seriously discuss the handling of deflated balls makes me giggle.

Are you kidding? It's the only reason I'm thinking of not boycotting the Super Bowl!
Except for the widening economic gap, all the OP's predictions sound like there will be a better world without religion. That is a weird stance for a Christian to take
(January 28, 2015 at 11:34 pm)Nope Wrote: Except for the widening economic gap, all the OP's predictions sound like there will be a better world without religion. That is a weird stance for a Christian to take

Look at what a Christian did to Americas economy :cough: bush :cough: and the year 2006 was the was worst year ever.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 28, 2015 at 11:37 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(January 28, 2015 at 11:34 pm)Nope Wrote: Except for the widening economic gap, all the OP's predictions sound like there will be a better world without religion. That is a weird stance for a Christian to take

Look at what a Christian did to Americas economy :cough: bush :cough: and the year 2006 was the was worst year ever.

Yeah but the Op seems to believe that mapping the brain, easing the discomfort of aging, reducing crime and exploring the galaxy are bad things.

Quote:The pluralistic interconnectedness of society as we learn there is no black and white between cultures, only shades of gray.

How fast can we get rid of religion so that we can start experiencing this utopia?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2739 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15647 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4233 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1755 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Near death experiences are not biblical and the bible itself debunks them (Proof) LetThereBeNoGod 0 1135 February 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
  A Non-Religious Person's Meaning in Life and Death AFTT47 17 5002 January 12, 2016 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheist and the Death penalty strawdawg 125 28751 September 8, 2015 at 11:00 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Religions future in the world... Won2blv 21 3528 June 15, 2015 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  The future of Atheism Metis 14 7460 February 17, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  does death scare you and why? dyresand 94 11775 November 2, 2014 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam