Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to this board.
New to this board.
Hello. Since this board has Atheism as the central theme and subject I will introduce myself along those lines.

I currently have no affiliation whatsoever at all with any religious organization. I even affirmed this to myself in a text message through my phone, here's what I promised myself:

"No using me for any religious agenda whatsoever be it good or be it evil. Anything you think you know about what I believe is not true because I now have a new belief. Any and all statements of a religious nature previously said or written by me I now retract and null their validity as not representative of my personal beliefs but rather reactionary to the beliefs of others or a ruse to avoid conflict. What I believe now I will never share with you or any other person because it is none of your business."

Well, that is not what I wrote verbatim but that is nearly what I wrote verbatim. Unfortunately hackers have infiltrated my phone and have invaded any privacy they can take away in all other walks of life and this text message was somehow disappeared. This text message is important to me because it outlines where I stand on this really worn out debate that I wish would fucking die.

So now here I am posting this on the Atheism forum that I only recently discovered less than a month ago. I use to be anti-religious now I just don't fucking care and would rather revel in my neutrality and live on as I would like to.

And BTW, that smiley icon on the left where he pounds his fist into the floor is very distracting and annoying.

Thank you for providing this forum. I will contribute a few bucks one of these days.

Sincerely, H2O
RE: New to this board.
Uh...hi.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Welcome aboard, H2O.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Welcome
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hello
That's one hell of a long text message.

Provisional greetings as JHC's spidey senses tingle with delight and/or rage.
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I hope you're not planning on watering down the forum
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hey there
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(February 2, 2015 at 4:33 pm)Alex K Wrote: I hope you're not planning on watering down the forum

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biblical Scholar on board: good thing or bad thing? srd44 19 4931 February 13, 2013 at 3:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  New New New Quid 23 4845 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I got an email from the board... Emancipated 13 2826 August 13, 2011 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Emancipated