Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge to Theist
Wink 
Challenge to Theist
Any theist out there I challenge you to call into an Athiest talk show. Its called The Atheist Experience but if you call them and tell them you are a beliver and wish to debate them or even tell them you have prof of god youll jump right to the frount of the live call line. Its on every sunday they have a web page you can go to to get the info you need.

Just be prepaired to answer 1 question...What do you belive and why?

There are some good debaters on here and I think it would make for interesting TV.. or in my case pod cast.

For those Atheist out there... If you never seen the Æ its a must watch.
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
RE: Challenge to Theist
Is it more in the form of a formal or informal debate or casual conversation? Is it merely a POE for ratings ?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
From what ive seen as long as you keep composed and act respectfull they do the same. Its more casual. My self I have nothing to do with the show other than i watch it every week on podcast I just would like to see someone who is somewhat educated and can debate call in. For the most part the ones who call in are usualy bad examples of theist... I would just love to see someone who didnt get pissed and say some dumb shit like ill punch your head in for Jesus...

I just figured from my exerience here in this forum there are some theist here that could call in and at least be a good example. vs the stupid redneck that calls in and spews retarded shit.. or other atheist calling in and ego stroking.

And I figured If any Atheist here havent heard of it they may enjoy watching /listening to it.
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
I am neither somewhat educated or versed in debate. I'll contemplate it though. I'm always up for a round of questions. Smile
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

(March 13, 2010 at 7:32 am)tackattack Wrote: I am neither somewhat educated or versed in debate. I'll contemplate it though. I'm always up for a round of questions. Smile

Well compaired to some of the callers a 4th grade education would be an improvement.
I've seen most of the episodes on YouTube. Matt Dillahunty, one of the hosts, has a sharp wit and tremendous intellect. He's also somewhat of an asshole at times. They do get crackpot theists, as well as dumb atheists on the show every once in a while, but when there is good debate, it usually ends well.

They have a channel on Youtube with hundreds of videos. Pretty interesting stuff.
Yea Matt would be the one to talk to about Christianity he knows it well . He was a sothern baptist studing to be a preacher or preist whaever they have. Bus as long as you dont call up and be a pompus ass and keep it civil he is usualy calm and will treat you with the same respect... But on the other hand you keep cutting him off and repeating yourself or getting disrespectfull and tarded about stuff.. he will let you know Smile
Yeah I like what I've seen so far, I haven't watched any of the call ins yet but helping define thoughts and insights is a good thing I'm leaning more to contact him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 716 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 2648 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2804 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9174 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A critical thinking challenge Foxaèr 18 4280 June 15, 2018 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Drich
  A challenge to anyone I guess! Mystic 27 5176 June 10, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 3003 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1870 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3625 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22207 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic