Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is disturbing!
This is disturbing!
I came across this vid and I thought I'd share it with you lot.

[youtube]xL3LY09PP_Y[/youtube]

All I can say is that, theists can be cruel.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
RE: This is disturbing!
On the other hand:
[youtube]yiKYknN5Sng[/youtube]

If we had more Christians like him, we wouldn't had the problem to begin with.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Just watched both vids. Jesus supposedly said 'love your neighbour as yourself' and if they (the christians) perceive atheists to be the 'enemy', then He also supposedly said: 'love your enemies', so not many people who say they are Christian, really are.

I'm preparing to be banned or admonished from a Christian website later tonight. I'd started a debate with a guy (he was either an atheist, or had a 'heretical' belief ) about evil. The problem of evil is a really difficult, but interesting topic to debate. I went to check for replies last night and my last message to him was no longer there and a moderator and an esteemed member had posted mickey taking, sarcastic comments. I'm waiting for them to clarify if he has been banned. I'll tell them a thing or two if they have. Sad
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
[youtube]JX_sXsfCb9A[/youtube]
I find this just as disturbing if not more. A fair and balanced panel on CNN no less.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(November 14, 2008 at 4:32 am)leo-rcc Wrote: [youtube]JX_sXsfCb9A[/youtube]
I find this just as disturbing if not more. A fair and balanced panel on CNN no less.

What CNN was doing or what the guy was saying?

I mean I can't honestly say I'm an atheist because of the hate from fundamentalist Christians and obviously I recognise that it's the wingnuts that express the hatred rather than moderate believers but it bothers me that being Christian automatically gets some kind of respect in the media ("he was a good Christian", why not "He was a good person"?) What the hell does a religious belief have to do with being good when it's simultaneously plastered across that same media example after example of what bad things some do in the name of their religions? It also bothers me that the arguments raised by moderate theists in defence of the existence of their god do not greatly differ from those of the wingnuts.

That first video though was really, really saddening and I can only be grateful watching it that I don't live in the US.

Kyu
Kyu, What CNN was doing, a panel talk about Atheism and not even a single atheist at the panel? Very journalistic... fair and balanced my arse.
(November 13, 2008 at 1:53 pm)CoxRox Wrote: I'd started a debate with a guy (he was either an atheist, or had a 'heretical' belief ) about evil. The problem of evil is a really difficult, but interesting topic to debate. I went to check for replies last night and my last message to him was no longer there and a moderator and an esteemed member had posted mickey taking, sarcastic comments. I'm waiting for them to clarify if he has been banned. I'll tell them a thing or two if they have. Sad

That is sad indeed. How did it turn out?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
Well, I decided to pm both of them as I didn't want to bring any more disrepute to the forum by challenging them in public. The moderator has banned him for his heretical belief about evil (ie God is the author of evil). I have pointed out to this moderator privately, that this topic although conroversial, has a right to be discussed if done in a balanced way. The guy was courteous etc and seemed to know his stuff. Apparently he posted a big 'cut and paste' section of this belief which the moderator had removed, which I hadn't seen. I have stressed that whatever violation he has supposedly performed, was he spoken to about this and given a chance to respond? They haven't really explained properly on the thread why he was 'removed' and I think they have acted in a bad way. I'm waiting on another message I've sent the moderator. Depending on the reply, if he maintains his position, I will ask him to delete my account.
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
(November 13, 2008 at 8:40 am)leo-rcc Wrote: On the other hand:
[youtube]yiKYknN5Sng[/youtube]

If we had more Christians like him, we wouldn't had the problem to begin with.
That is so wrong. Its just not right, can't believe things are like that. I've heard of stuff like that in TGD, but to actually see it in reality has a lot of impact.
And GO Dawkins about what he said about how Atheists can obviously be good people too. And great people.
Atheists believe in life, rather than also believing in an afterlife that doesn't exist too. And of course the most dogmatic fundamentalist theists basically believe in death!
(November 14, 2008 at 4:32 am)leo-rcc Wrote: [youtube]JX_sXsfCb9A[/youtube]
Those CNN people are totally nuts! How can they be so ignorant?!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The most disturbing image I saw in my life WinterHold 86 8398 April 16, 2023 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 895 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  This is incredibly disturbing NuclearEnergy 18 5230 June 12, 2017 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  Religious people giving out papers with a disturbing message.... superstarr 28 12000 September 30, 2010 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: superstarr