Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most disturbing image I saw in my life
The most disturbing image I saw in my life
I just saw a haunting image that kept me shocked, scared,  and feeling pain allover my body.
It wasn't a physical pain, but rather... I can't explain it.

Here is the image:

[Image: 323140506_750570083069481_87238016112563...e=63C0D34A]

This is your "Nervous System".

This is "you". This is your memories, your whole life, and me too.
How could a person remain an atheist after seeing their actual reality?

There must be a creator that made this pile of flesh for Billions of iterations; with each iteration producing a unique different being.

The soul is nothing but the electricity that set this system to work..just like a switch, on and off.
We humans replicate our creation with every item we create. 

Just like illiterate toddlers, that creator taught us how to live, by making us look in our own creation first.

What about racism?ego?and similar toxic behaviours? wouldn't it be shockingly embarrassing for the racist to see what they actually are? a pile of weak disgusting arteries and nerves connected ?

Imagine the World Wars with all the soldiers looking like the bare nervous system. Wouldn't it be stupid, sinful, worthy of Hell to see nervous systems killing each other?

God exists and someday, we shall rise from the graves to face him.
RE: The most disturbing image I saw in my life
You're being gross. As Dr. Michael Shermer once said (paraphrasing), "Talking to the dead is easy; it's getting them to talk back, that's the hard part". Wishing something to be true, however nice & comforting, does not necessarily make it so.

Just live life one day at a time and don't try to focus too much on death, the end of the world, etc.
i am pretty sure any god, even your allah, would sue you for deformation and libel if you were to insinuate that he is somehow to blame for fabricating that thing in you which prompted you to post the above.
(January 8, 2023 at 7:26 pm)Jehanne Wrote: You're being gross.  As Dr. Michael Shermer once said (paraphrasing), "Talking to the dead is easy; it's getting them to talk back, that's the hard part".  Wishing something to be true, however nice & comforting, does not necessarily make it so.

Just live life one day at a time and don't try to focus too much on death, the end of the world, etc.
bold mine
Did you really just say that?  

@WinterHold Look at an image of the veins and arteries of the body.  It's biology/anatomy.  Not scary stuff...just sorta sciency.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 8, 2023 at 7:59 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Just live life one day at a time and don't try to focus too much on death, the end of the world, etc.

bold mine

Did I say it? Yes. Did I mean it? Absolutely!
Quote:This is your "Nervous System".
Yup neat huh?

Quote:This is "you". This is your memories, your whole life, and me too.
Pretty much.

Quote:How could a person remain an atheist after seeing their actual reality?
It's because I see my reality that I remain an atheist.

Quote:There must be a creator that made this pile of flesh for Billions of iterations; with each iteration producing a unique different being.
No there doesn't.

Quote:The soul is nothing but the electricity that set this system to work..just like a switch, on and off.
This assumes there is a soul

Quote:We humans replicate our creation with every item we create. 
No, we don't.... Dodgy

Quote:Just like illiterate toddlers, that creator taught us how to live, by making us look in our own creation first.
Nope, a bunch of priests keeps saying it's god saying that. 

Quote:What about racism?ego?and similar toxic behaviours? wouldn't it be shockingly embarrassing for the racist to see what they actually are? a pile of weak disgusting arteries and nerves connected ?
There is nothing gross about our biology. It simply is.

Quote:Imagine the World Wars with all the soldiers looking like the bare nervous system. Wouldn't it be stupid, sinful, worthy of Hell to see nervous systems killing each other?
No more so than seeing human beings.

Quote:God exists and someday, we shall rise from the graves to face him.
Not that I can tell.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 8, 2023 at 6:40 pm)WinterHold Wrote: I just saw a haunting image that kept me shocked, scared,  and feeling pain allover my body.
It wasn't a physical pain, but rather... I can't explain it.

Here is the image:

[Image: 323140506_750570083069481_87238016112563...e=63C0D34A]

This is your "Nervous System".

This is "you". This is your memories, your whole life, and me too.
How could a person remain an atheist after seeing their actual reality?

There must be a creator that made this pile of flesh for Billions of iterations; with each iteration producing a unique different being.

The soul is nothing but the electricity that set this system to work..just like a switch, on and off.
We humans replicate our creation with every item we create. 

Just like illiterate toddlers, that creator taught us how to live, by making us look in our own creation first.

What about racism?ego?and similar toxic behaviours? wouldn't it be shockingly embarrassing for the racist to see what they actually are? a pile of weak disgusting arteries and nerves connected ?

Imagine the World Wars with all the soldiers looking like the bare nervous system. Wouldn't it be stupid, sinful, worthy of Hell to see nervous systems killing each other?

God exists and someday, we shall rise from the graves to face him.
It's not me, it's part of me.  I am more than my nervous system.  I am my body and I am also my mind.  The fact that you are impressed by the complexity of our bodies is not a warrant for believing in a deity.  Pictures are not arguments.  Incredulity is no defense for believing in the supernatural.  You ask how can we see this and still be atheists.  It's a non-sequitur.  I'd like to ask theists how they can accept such faulty reasoning?  The racism, toxic behaviours, and killings that you lament are a result of such faulty reasoning or the failure to reason at all.  Our brains and our nervous system are wonderful things and they give us the ability to do wonderful things but when we fail to use them or use them in the wrong way we are capable of horrible things.  

We do not replicate our own creation when we create something.  There is a huge equivocation here.  When we create something new, we create it by using existing materials.  The kind of creation you are talking about is creation from nothing pre existing.  It is essentially wishing things into existence.  The two are in no way alike.  

There isn't a god.  It's a fantasy.  But if I were to find myself in from of this god he better clear his schedule because I'll have a lot to say to it and it won't be short.  

It's interesting that you ask us to use our imaginations.  I know of no other way to apprehend your god but to use my imagination.  But, there is a fundamental distinction between what is real and what is imaginary, one that is identified by the primacy of existence principle. It's a principle you unwittingly use and reject at the same time any time you make a claim about your god.  I think you should reconcile that contradiction before you go presenting arguments for your god.
"Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture,  an intransigent mind, and a step that travels unlimited roads."

"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see."
(January 8, 2023 at 8:29 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(January 8, 2023 at 7:59 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Just live life one day at a time and don't try to focus too much on death, the end of the world, etc.

bold mine

Did I say it?  Yes.  Did I mean it?  Absolutely!

Indeed people focus too much on death rarely give enough focus on life. There is little you can do about death it comes when it comes. But life is changeable though you only have so much time to do so.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Why would a god need to create sch a mess? It almosts looks like a system that evolved at random over hundreds of millions of years!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

The admins grow these people in the basement and let one loose to watch the fun.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 3015 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Another "image" of Jesus goes viral Foxaèr 26 2662 May 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 895 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  An image for the Vorlon Foxaèr 2 598 September 22, 2018 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Man creates in his own image Foxaèr 7 1096 June 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2799 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  This is incredibly disturbing NuclearEnergy 18 5235 June 12, 2017 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  Constructing the image of the hypothetical God Aegon 9 1878 February 5, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: comet
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12415 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7871 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72