Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been banned on another forum
I've been banned on another forum
After less than a month I've been banned from the British Skeptics Forum. Don't know why,they didn't say.I went to log on and found my address had been banned.

I've written a polite request to their admin asking why. I didn't even insult anyone ,honest. I'm really curious rather than annoyed. I questioned why they didn't bother to warn me or even tell me why. Seems ill mannered to me.

Addendum: I just got a reply: It was mistake,something to do with banning spammers. I've' been restored. So glad I didn't do me chewy.
RE: I've been banned on another forum
Which forum is that? I'm British...and a skeptic...and I like forums Tongue
Pussy. When I get banned I know why.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(March 14, 2010 at 7:17 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Which forum is that? I'm British...and a skeptic...and I like forums Tongue

http://www.ukskeptics.com/forum.php
Lots of boards use some sort of known-spammer list for automatic blocks.

There are quite a few bugs in the system.
We have one installed to prevent registrations of spammers. So far it's worked quite well.
Unless you cant see the false positives. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Maybe they got your IP mixed up with a spammer's or something? Anyway, glad you're restored now.

EvF
(March 15, 2010 at 4:53 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Maybe they got your IP mixed up with a spammer's or something? Anyway, glad you're restored now.

EvF

Yes that was the explanation. I'm glad too,I'm having fun,I love the dry British wit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2171 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 701 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1324 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2083 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2236 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  This has been nagging me for a while now... Dr H 11 1557 January 21, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1676 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The headline should have been... John V 8 390 October 5, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Guess You've All Been Practicing Your Aim Rhondazvous 20 1469 August 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama