Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypercube
Hypercube
I'm now on my third release of my little media player, having re-written it, again!

If anyone has a few spare minutes I would be very grateful if they could just confirm that this thing actually installs and runs OK on a computer other than my own and if you have any problems with firewalls and security software etc.

It's perfectly safe and well behaved, well, it is with me Great

Written with Delphi 2010 on Windows 7. Thanks Big Grin

http://www.hypercube.oggtheclever.com

[Image: screenshot4.png]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Hypercube
First bug - upon downloading: for some reason, when I download the executable from the main site, firefox stores it as a text file, hypercube_setup.exe.txt
odd. It has the right size, so I guess it's a MIME type thing... will give you more once I get it running.

EDIT:
Second: After installing, upon running:
---------------------------
hypercube.exe - System Error
The program can't start because VFFFMPEG.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

Are you sure the dll has that many FFFF's?
(February 17, 2015 at 10:45 am)pocaracas Wrote: First bug - upon downloading: for some reason, when I download the executable from the main site, firefox stores it as a text file, hypercube_setup.exe.txt
odd. It has the right size, so I guess it's a MIME type thing... will give you more once I get it running.

How strange...
Just put a second problem up there...
(February 17, 2015 at 10:48 am)pocaracas Wrote: Just put a second problem up there...

I wondered about that... I thought it was a Delphi thing but turns out not. I shall fix that shortly.

Thanks for testing Smile Stand by.....
May I remind you that I'm a happy user of Media Player Classic and expect hypercube to perform, at least, as well? Tongue
Please try again Smile

As for MPC, ooh err..
Well....
Plays .avi files.
Doesn't like my .mkv and mp4 videos... Sad
Doesn't do full screen when I use "alt+Enter"... even SNES emulators do this! Tongue
Spacebar to play/pause - I like!
Why does a double-vertical arrow appear when the mouse cursor goes over the progress bar?

Up/Down arrows do some skipping similar to left/right... I prefer to have up/down to control the sound volume.

Can't drag&drop from Explorer to playlist Sad scratch that... needs a default playlist where we can drop into.

Supports srt subtitles... but need more options... I hate that shadow, much prefer an outline.

I have an .avi file with AC3 stereo audio... I hear nothing... Sad

Plays MP3's! Smile

It's a bit weird that the bottom and top menus, sometimes, disappear when the cursor isn't over them... It's alright when in full screen, but not when in windowed mode.

Do you really need to show sub-second accuracy when playing video/audio?
I just got told off by Chrome, then my anti-virus and then Windows for downloading it. I have a ton of Shadowplay recordings I need to go through so I'll use it and let you know how it goes.
So it works then Smile

It does play mkv and mp4 files, just needs the codecs installed. Didn't know about the alt+Enter, it shall be done.

The toolbars disappear when you have them unlocked but appear again when the mouse is over them.

Should drag and drop ok.. Default playlist is?

Subtitle files can be sorted.. Shall do that.

Don't know about AC3. Will have to investigate..

Sub second accuracy is just a quirk of mine.

Love the feedback and, at least it works Great

I'll give you a mention in the About box, when I create one...

(February 17, 2015 at 11:33 am)pocaracas Wrote: Well....
Plays .avi files.
Doesn't like my .mkv and mp4 videos... Sad
Doesn't do full screen when I use "alt+Enter"... even SNES emulators do this! Tongue
Spacebar to play/pause - I like!
Why does a double-vertical arrow appear when the mouse cursor goes over the progress bar?

Up/Down arrows do some skipping similar to left/right... I prefer to have up/down to control the sound volume.

Can't drag&drop from Explorer to playlist Sad scratch that... needs a default playlist where we can drop into.

Supports srt subtitles... but need more options... I hate that shadow, much prefer an outline.

I have an .avi file with AC3 stereo audio... I hear nothing... Sad

Plays MP3's! Smile

It's a bit weird that the bottom and top menus, sometimes, disappear when the cursor isn't over them... It's alright when in full screen, but not when in windowed mode.

Do you really need to show sub-second accuracy when playing video/audio?

(February 17, 2015 at 11:40 am)Nine Wrote: I just got told off by Chrome, then my anti-virus and then Windows for downloading it. I have a ton of Shadowplay recordings I need to go through so I'll use it and let you know how it goes.

That'd be great Smile

Remember though it's just a little project to keep my coding skills from going rusty..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypercube Beta Test Darwinian 16 5697 June 24, 2012 at 6:50 am
Last Post: Darwinian
  Hypercube Darwinian 75 19919 June 18, 2012 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Darwinian