Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Proposition 8
California Proposition 8
I'm amazed we don't have a topic on this considering the massive backlash against religious organizations supporting this.

I think it's disgusting and unconstitutional. It's especially troubling that the LDS church managed to fund and support thing across the border from Utah, spreading their oppression and hate outside of their own state to destroy other people's happiness based on scripture.

Keith Olbermann made a touching 'Special Comment' on this subject, I highly suggest YouTubing it.
RE: California Proposition 8
I am protesting this in Amsterdam this afternoon.

[youtube]Ys-tfWxc38A[/youtube]

There are demonstrations today all over the world.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
From wikipedia:

Quote:On November 13, 2008, the California Supreme Court asked state Attorney General Jerry Brown to reply by November 17, 2008, to lawsuits challenging the voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage. The filing the court requested from the Attorney General will not address the ballot measure's validity, but will focus on whether the justices should accept the suits for review and whether Proposition 8 should be suspended while they decide the case, said Christopher Krueger, a senior assistant attorney general. [26]
I was at the protest in Boston. You can see pictures of it in my blog. (Link in sig)
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I don't understand why Xians feel like they have to enforce their religious beliefs on others. There is no scriptural support for it and in fact scriptural support against if anything.

But I also never have understood why the atheists etc. are so poorly organized compared to the 'religious right.' My personal religious beliefs don't allow for that sort of phony moral policing.
Perhaps because atheism....isn't a religion!
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(November 17, 2008 at 8:19 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: Perhaps because atheism....isn't a religion!
Yes! Exactly. So many people frequently make this silly mistake. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God, by definition, thats it!
(November 17, 2008 at 8:19 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: Perhaps because atheism....isn't a religion!

I don't see what that has to do with the political organizational skills. Only religion can be organized?
(November 17, 2008 at 9:13 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
Yes! Exactly. So many people frequently make this silly mistake. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God, by definition, thats it!

1. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God.

2. Theism is nothing more than believing in God.

3. Both are religious in nature.
(November 17, 2008 at 11:02 pm)Daystar Wrote: 1. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God.

1. Theism is nothing more than believing in God

2. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God

3. Watching football is nothing more than nothing to do with God

4. Scratching my arse is nothnig more than nothing to do with this conversation

5. Licking my arm is fun

6. I am Oprah Winfrey's love child

7. All of the above are religious in nature

Ooooh look, a shiny spoon!
*Licks the spoon*
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(November 17, 2008 at 11:27 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote:
(November 17, 2008 at 11:02 pm)Daystar Wrote: 1. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God.

1. Theism is nothing more than believing in God

2. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God

3. Watching football is nothing more than nothing to do with God

4. Scratching my arse is nothnig more than nothing to do with this conversation

5. Licking my arm is fun

6. I am Oprah Winfrey's love child

7. All of the above are religious in nature

Ooooh look, a shiny spoon!
*Licks the spoon*

No ... I know you were making a joke, but it is more like this.

1. Theism is nothing more than believing in God.

2. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in God.

4. Pirates are murderous theives.

5. Jason is not a piriate.

6. Jason likes the romantic adventurous idea of the pirate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting Turn of Events in California Minimalist 25 3020 May 12, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  University of California microaggrssions list Lemonvariable72 18 5987 September 2, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  California Female Inmates Sterilized thesummerqueen 19 6864 July 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Psykhronic
  California keeps death penalty. Something completely different 5 1853 November 10, 2012 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  California's gay marriage ban unconstitutional Doubting Thomas 24 7998 February 15, 2012 at 4:30 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  California Politician Advocates Assassination of Obama & Family Erinome 29 11685 December 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Proposition 8 Ruled Unconstitutional by a Fed. Judge Eilonnwy 40 9066 August 17, 2010 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy