Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Turn of Events in California
Interesting Turn of Events in California
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/06/us/ca...ss&emc=rss

Quote:An Urgent Debate for California Republicans: How to Get Back in the Game

Quote:WHITTIER, Calif. — For anyone wondering about the state of the Republican Party in California these days, consider this: There may be no Republican candidate for governor or United States senator on the state’s ballot this November.

Quote:Under the California election system, candidates compete in an open, nonpartisan primary on June 5. The two candidates who get the most votes — regardless of party — advance to the November general election.

If Republicans fall short in capturing one of those two November slots next month, which members of both parties say is a strong possibility, it would apparently be the first election where there was no major party candidate for both the Senate and governor races since 1914.
RE: Interesting Turn of Events in California
Life is good in the Republic blue state of California.

-Teresa
(May 6, 2018 at 3:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/06/us/ca...ss&emc=rss

Quote:WHITTIER, Calif. — For anyone wondering about the state of the Republican Party in California these days, consider this: There may be no Republican candidate for governor or United States senator on the state’s ballot this November.

Quote:Under the California election system, candidates compete in an open, nonpartisan primary on June 5. The two candidates who get the most votes — regardless of party — advance to the November general election.

If Republicans fall short in capturing one of those two November slots next month, which members of both parties say is a strong possibility, it would apparently be the first election where there was no major party candidate for both the Senate and governor races since 1914.

Only if this becomes the norm for 26 or more states permanently would this country have a future as a country.  A country can not survive as cohrent state or as a union of people of different economic interests when the party of traitors that would happily sell out the interest of the state or the union to advance the interest of one particular social economic group is regarded one legitimate end of a mainstream political spectrum.
Wow. This is happening in the most populous state of America. That is impressive.

A point that may be interesting, my hometown is so blue that the State represenative for the town has, as far back as I can remember, run unopposed. Ballotpedia has a page for him. Starting in 1996, when Ballotpedia's records start, he's been opposed exactly three times, in 2002, 2004, and 2012.

To be fair, it could be due to Illinois' political machine that he's so rarely opposed, but the fact that Skokie can't even be arsed to support a local Republican party at all does suggest we're just that liberal. And now, a state of the Union with over 10% of the population of the nation has reached this point. Kinda gets you right here, doesn't it?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 6, 2018 at 3:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/06/us/ca...ss&emc=rss

And the best thing is it's their own bloody fault too for introducing the cuurent system.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Yeah let's look at some fun facts about California economy:

- California grew 3.4% in 2017
- well faster than rest of the nation
- California is now the 4th largest economy in the world
- larger than all of Russia
- California has loads of Mexicans, immigrants, Muslims, gays...
- liberal policies work
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
And they have a budget surplus....

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-gove...86288.html

unlike those shithole red states which are going broke because they can't stop throwing money at millionaires.
They also have the highest poverty rate.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.c...utType=amp

You might also notice that the right leaning State of Texas does fairly well also.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Welcome to the 
GOP FREE California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face

Plenty of room
At GOP FREE California
What a nice surprise
Free from alibis
(May 9, 2018 at 12:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Welcome to the 
GOP FREE California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face

Plenty of room
At GOP FREE California
What a nice surprise
Free from alibis

Being as you're an ABBA fanboy, I'm not sure whether to think you've enhanced that song or ruined it.

Big Grin Angel Big Grin Angel Big Grin Angel
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1419 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 765 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Interesting Scenario BrianSoddingBoru4 5 311 August 28, 2020 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1420 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Republicunts Turn Against the CBO Minimalist 3 618 July 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Supreme Court Cases (and other interesting cases) - A Thread! TheRealJoeFish 11 3592 June 2, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Romania's hot events [crazy] Zenith 1 726 February 2, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  BalancedRebelion.com interesting website for 3rd party voters ReptilianPeon 0 687 September 13, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Interesting Double Standard by the Corporate Media Minimalist 2 693 August 31, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Turn the Screws, Hillary... Minimalist 2 419 August 12, 2016 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist