Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's illegal to be atheist in these 13 countries
It's illegal to be atheist in these 13 countries
[Image: 78d064b5a.png]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/10...17994.html
So having brain cells and having coherent thoughts are a bad thing. Really just why its like thought crimes at this point. And the punishment is death now that is fucked up.
In kentucky they send atheist to jail for not believing in a all mighty bullshit and sent to jail for a year when their time is up they have to say bullshit is all might blah blah blah
and are set free.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: It's illegal to be atheist in these 13 countries
Beliefs can't possibly be legal or illegal since they can't be chosen. I guess what's really illegal is voicing them, eh?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Do you have a link for that Kentucky thing? Seems unbelievable to me. Also I think that Atheist being Banned in Iceland or Russia, where the majority of the population are Atheists, doesn't seem very realistic. As Atheists shouldn't we focus on what's actually real. Atheists being strongly discriminated against in New Zealand? Lol.

Edit: Looked into the Kentucky thing myself. Holy shit. Hard to believe that's real. I'm sure the Supreme court will overturn it. Can hardly think of anything more unconstitutional. Although if I read the law correctly:

Quote: “The safety and security of the Commonwealth cannot be achieved apart from reliance upon Almighty God as set forth in the public speeches and proclamations of American Presidents, including Abraham Lincoln’s historic March 30, 1863, presidential proclamation urging Americans to pray and fast during one of the most dangerous hours in American history, and the text of President John F. Kennedy’s November 22, 1963, national security speech which concluded: ‘For as was written long ago: Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.’

Does that only apply to Atheists in public office? Like you can be elected as an Atheist but then sent to jail if you refuse to acknowledge god? Not even sure. I'd love to be arrested in Kentucky just for being an Atheist.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I think atheism being illegal represents the black symbols. In Russian and Island you can be an atheist
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

No surprises. I don't know what else to say besides: what a pile of bullshit.

Hopefully, one day the world will be able to move on from delusion, or at least remove the penalty for recognising the truth.
What would be really interesting is a map of where it is socially unacceptable to be an atheist... that would seem to be the matter of it.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(March 3, 2015 at 5:16 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Do you have a link for that Kentucky thing? Seems unbelievable to me. Also I think that Atheist being Banned in Iceland or Russia, where the majority of the population are Atheists, doesn't seem very realistic. As Atheists shouldn't we focus on what's actually real. Atheists being strongly discriminated against in New Zealand? Lol.

Edit: Looked into the Kentucky thing myself. Holy shit. Hard to believe that's real. I'm sure the Supreme court will overturn it. Can hardly think of anything more unconstitutional. Although if I read the law correctly:

Quote: “The safety and security of the Commonwealth cannot be achieved apart from reliance upon Almighty God as set forth in the public speeches and proclamations of American Presidents, including Abraham Lincoln’s historic March 30, 1863, presidential proclamation urging Americans to pray and fast during one of the most dangerous hours in American history, and the text of President John F. Kennedy’s November 22, 1963, national security speech which concluded: ‘For as was written long ago: Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.’

Does that only apply to Atheists in public office? Like you can be elected as an Atheist but then sent to jail if you refuse to acknowledge god? Not even sure. I'd love to be arrested in Kentucky just for being an Atheist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/10...17994.html
it was overturned so they couldn't do that anymore
http://freethinker.co.uk/2013/01/29/phew...-atheists/

(March 3, 2015 at 5:28 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: No surprises. I don't know what else to say besides: what a pile of bullshit.

Hopefully, one day the world will be able to move on from delusion, or at least remove the penalty for recognising the truth.

The truth is the over all church leaders pretty much are afraid of people learning the truth and even counties that have some sort of religion based rule are afraid as well. When more people know the truth the less power they have over those people. So all in all ignorance and the church still have a grip over the majority. And the majority is pretty much fucking themselves in a sense since more and more children are atheist.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
we have discrimination now.
The duck list getting longer.

when it quacks i'm jumping.
(March 3, 2015 at 9:27 pm)comet Wrote: we have discrimination now.
The duck list getting longer.

when it quacks i'm jumping.

And coming from the same people who enacted slaver and even segregation and
even over all racism i am not surprised at the level of inhumane, arrogant, self righteous, un-intelligent, ignorant, heartless behavior, homophobic, false use of the word "love", and over all discontent of people who are not apart of the norm and they attack anyone and anything they see fit. Behavior like this needs to stop and people need to start using their brains you get 1 life don't fuck up believing in stupid shit and working towards a non existent place like heaven.

Code:
How can a law make someone believe? If you don't then you don't... you may say you do just to keep people happy, but it won't actually make you believe.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  These People Truly Have No Limits athstmike 18 3219 June 13, 2018 at 3:22 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 5973 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Fucks Should Be Locked Up Minimalist 7 2379 September 11, 2017 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  These guys make me sick Manowar 23 7896 July 8, 2017 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Poor countries. purplepurpose 9 2497 May 26, 2017 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would you respond to these common theist statements? TheMonster 21 5285 July 5, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Atheism in developing countries watchamadoodle 6 2280 February 16, 2015 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  13 Countries Where Atheism Is Punishable by Death Zidneya 63 14201 September 23, 2014 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Some religions are secular- Atheists should oppose these too Puddleglum 44 18790 September 19, 2012 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Feeling a bit atheistish these days DeistPaladin 24 7704 December 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance