Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNA replication vid. MAN I LOVE THIS VIDEO!
DNA replication vid. MAN I LOVE THIS VIDEO!
SCIENCE BITCHES!

I just about shit a brick at some of the facts in this video. Talk about production! Eat shit Trump!

The Zipper, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

The complementary pairs

In the winding stairs

Get separated at the speed

Of a jet engine

The fly has a name

Helicase separates them

One side copies

In a straight line

The opposite in reverse

Copies in a loop

Lagging behind

Dealing with Okazaki fragments

Separateing G from C

And A FROM T

Then replicating

At lightening speed

6 feet long

Each molecule

Tightly compact

In almost every cell

It coils itself

Around histones

Coils again

To become nucleosomes

The necleosomes

Go on to package

In a fiber

Called cromatine

It loops and coils

Even more

To the final product

We call chromosomes
(end)

Also available at my poetry thread post #569 at Rational Responders here.http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771?page=11
RE: DNA replication vid. MAN I LOVE THIS VIDEO!
I am feeling like a kid now. I had such a hard time in school with science. But man I never thought I would understand the above. I also just pushed myself to understand 5 prime and 3 prime, nothing more than the carbon position on a sugar molecule. I also know now what a nucleotide is now too. It may not be a big deal for lots reading this, but I am seriously crying again because I never thought I would be able to understand this.

Your nucleotide is simply like one link in the chain in the DNA that links the wall to the center(base) . You have your phosphate, your sugar and your base. I am so fucking thrilled I understand it now. It seemed so complicated in school, and so easy now.

FUCK I think I just confused nuclaic acid with nucleotide. Nuclaic acid is one tooth, nucleotide is the base.

[Image: nucleotide2.gif]

The nuclaic acid is your phosphate, sugar, and one half of your base pair. Your nucleotide is half of the base pair.
OK now I have one graphic calling the three parts a nuclaic acid. But this video calls the three parts a nucleotide? Which is it? What is the difference?

DAMN IT Between the graphic I posted the picture, and this last video. It seems I was wrong. The nucleotide is the three parts, the phosphate, sugar, and base. If I am understanding the nuclaic acid is when the steps are connected?

FUCK the spelled nucleic wrong. I spelled nulcaic. I need to trust the red line when I get it under a word.
Outside my bad spelling, I am getting this. I am only getting stuck on the part and stages's names. I think I have it now still need to have someone confirm it.

Nucleic acid= entire strand.
Nucleotide=phosphate+sugar+base
Damn DNA, you scary.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
That's the way I understand it, Brian.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(March 4, 2015 at 3:06 pm)Exian Wrote: That's the way I understand it, Brian.

I know why I was misspelling. I am so used to hearing an "a" instead of an "e". Sound like it is "new clay ick" but it is "nucleic".

So I am right

Nucleic acid is the entire strand.
Nucleotide are the three parts as individual steps on the ladder.
I say you're right, but I'm no expert on this. I'm interested and I've read a few books on it and I like to keep up to date, so take that for what it's worth.

I will add that I've always looked at the bases as the rungs of the ladder and the phosphate and sugar as the sides, but I guess that probably splitting hairs.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloning is safer - the perils of sexual DNA combination? Duty 21 1630 October 14, 2021 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Where in our dna are instincts coded? ignoramus 8 1082 December 8, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Carthaginian DNA - Not So Much Of A Surprise. Minimalist 0 1289 May 26, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Question Where is the evolution tree for DNA? JamesT 4 993 April 28, 2016 at 11:49 pm
  Woman cured of disease by DNA mutation downbeatplumb 9 2146 February 9, 2015 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  People more likely to choose a spouse with similar DNA MountainsWinAgain 3 1036 May 28, 2014 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What DNA Actually Looks Like Rayaan 6 1606 December 2, 2012 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  DNA of girl from cave gives up genetic secrets frankiej 0 1291 August 31, 2012 at 11:31 am
Last Post: frankiej
  7,000 Year Old Caveman Bones Found; Oldest Modern Human DNA Annik 13 9912 July 2, 2012 at 2:23 am
  Origin of DNA Gooders1002 13 6686 May 13, 2012 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Gooders1002