Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism, Gypsies, immigrants, problems & solutions
Racism, Gypsies, immigrants, problems & solutions
There was a somewhat funny thing that had happened not long ago...

There is this movie series that appeared recently, "The Romanians are coming" made in UK. I didn't get to see any episode, yet. Anyway, it's about the romanian citizens immigrating into UK, and the first two episodes, as I heard, are about romanian gypsies. The guy who directed (is that the word?) the first episodes, which dealt with the gypsies, was a romanian gypsy (one of those guys who immigrated into UK).

Now the really funny part was the reactions of many Romanians. As far as I can hear, many of the Romanians (especially the unskilled ones) feel "unwelcomed" in western countries of Europe. First off, I am sure many people living in developed countries do not appreciate being swarmed by immigrants from developing countries, bringing with them lots of trouble. Okay, so the funny part was the reactions of many Romanians, which I had read as facebook comments. They sounded smth like (I'll use my own words) "These western racists! It's not the Romanians who are the inferior race, it's all the gyspies fault, they are the inferior race!" followed by image posts with Hitler. (OMFG!)

Now I have some acquaintances (Romanians) who did watch the first episodes but did not find anything wrong / offensive about them.

This reminds me of another post. There is a certain (Romanian) politician I follow on fb, and he once posted smth about the ethnic minorities and gypsies (saying that we need help the gypsies and strive to solve the problem of discrimination), because Romania quite has a problem with gypsies. The reaction was... 90% of the comments were insults towards the gyspies and pictures with Hitler.

Now to tell you a bit about the gypsies. A great many of them are illiterate, thieves, noisy; whenever they throw a party and thus, get to drink (alcohol), they end up many times in hospital (fighting one another with knives or who knows what) with the police coming as well. No one wants to live in a neighborhood of gypsies, and it's a good reason not to. There are mostly two kinds of gypsies: very poor (most of them), living in miserable conditions, and rich (case in which they look more like lil jon, and they've gotten rich either because of music - specific romanian gypsy music - or who knows what illegal methods). The gypsies are also known for stealing a lot (even stealing iron from railways to sell as junk iron), trading in human flesh (kidnapping children and selling them), women begging on the streets with babies that stand still (make no noise, no movement - probably they're being given medicine so as to stay like that) where it's very natural to ask yourself whether the baby is hers or not (even more so if the baby is white and she's black).

The very bad thing the Romanians do: they discriminate gypsies, they hate them. I can dare say that nobody wants to solve the problem of the gypsies, it's possible that 99% of them simply want the gypsies gone / disappeared and that's all. How the gypsies are being discriminated (and this happens everywhere throughout Romania): At school, within a class, if one is known to be gypsies, he's put in the back of the class and the teachers ignore him / don't give much attention to him; whenever an ordinary gypsy (i.e. not one with high studies) posts a CV, he is usually refused from the start for being a gypsy (swears & jargon like "crow" and "stinking crow" are not unheard of, basically not said in the presence of gypsies).

Basically the gypsies are being refused a better path because "they're all liars and thieves and etc. so there's no hope with them!". Refusing to educate gypsy children and refusing to give them jobs, you get illiterate / uneducated gypsies and thieves and villains (what could a man do when he can't earn for a living, right?).

Years ago, I remember, there was a news with the gypsies who've left Romania and went to France. There was an instance where they cut off pieces of railway & stole them, so as to sell them. The first reaction of the Romanians were like "LOL!" (I mean, we knew they were doing such things in Romania, but also in France?). However, France's reaction, as I remembered, turned like "Those cursed Romanian immigrants!", where Romanians reacted like, "It's not the romanians, but those gyspies! The gypsies make all of us look bad!" and thus the romanians turned to hate & despise the gypsies even more. Now I am sure that there are also Romanian immigrants in the west who did no better than the gyspies. And most likely countries like France also have thieves of their own.

Anyway, I would like to add the fact that Romanians are NOT racist towards African Black people, only towards gypsies.

It is annoying to see that, whenever there's someone in France or UK or whatever using harsh words towards immigrants or towards Romanians (perhaps sounding like racists), the Romanians turn to hate the gypsies even more. And it is more disturbing to see that, more and more, it is natural to hear, say, in bars, about how it would be so much better if all gypsies died, that we'd be much better off without them, and bringing up words like "Hitler should have killed them all!". I realize now that, no matter how much racist the Western countries are towards immigrants and specifically towards gypsies, the Romanians are even more racists. Here I appreciate Germany, which, unlike France, which tried to get rid of the gypsy immigrants as soon as possible, Germany actually allocated money and started a program to integrate their gypsy immigrants into the society (as I remember).

Now to leave the gypsy subject aside, I remember something else. Some years ago, I remember I've seen a short video, in Switzerland there was a reporter asking some questions to youth. They were very racist towards the Jews, considering them the sole reason of all the wars in the middle east, and saying things like "Hitler should have killed all Jews!". I suspect this racism towards the Jews (which also exists in my country, though perhaps not too powerful) has something to do with conspiracy theories and with lies like "All banks belong to the Jews", "The Jews control America", "The Jews rule the world."

I realize that much of this racism, and very surely the racism that Hitler was believing in, has little to nothing to do with the actual color of ethnic groups, but with behaviors / beliefs associated with those groups. I am very sure Hitler was not hating the gypsies for simply having a different color (not all gypsies are black), but with their culture, their mentalities and behaviors which are regarded as "dragging" the society down.

Now as I see, racism is quite a contemporary thing, which happens perhaps all over the world, and most of the time goes hand in hand with immigrants coming from poor countries. The Western Europe seems to despise / shun, to some level, the Eastern European immigrants, the gypsies, and Muslim Arabs (Muslims, mostly because of their terrorist attacks, so they don't pretty fit in the "racism" part). USA, as I understand, has problems with black people and with Mexicans.

Now for all cases except one, there is a solution: They can go back whence they came. The exception is, the gypsies. Basically, they came somewhere from India, but many centuries ago, so they can no longer be counted as immigrants - I suppose, and I don't think India would take them back.

So how do you think the problem of racism, and specifically, the gypsies, can be solved? Especially when the government is not very keen on doing something about it, and whatever politician does want to do something about it, people hoot and think about Hitler? And how do you think a large group of illiterate thieves can actually be integrated into a society - I mean, when everyone worries about having them as neighbors? If they all had high studies, then people's confidence in them would be much higher that they are "proper citizens", and would not discriminate them. But for 95%+ of them, that's not the case.
RE: Racism, Gypsies, immigrants, problems & solutions
Hello. I'm half-Romanian by descent and also a Jew.

Most of this sounds like a bunch of generalized horseshit racism from your own opinions. It's hard to "solve" things when you talk about an entire race the same way Americans talk about blacks and mexicans.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 9, 2015 at 9:05 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Most of this sounds like a bunch of generalized horseshit racism from your own opinions. It's hard to "solve" things when you talk about an entire race the same way Americans talk about blacks and mexicans.

Please give a bit more details. I don't understand your point.
Generalizations describe well, majorities.
When you speak about how gypsies are viewed in such a way as it sounds as if you view them that way as well, you're basically answering your own 'problem'.
(March 9, 2015 at 9:20 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: When you speak about how gypsies are viewed in such a way as it sounds as if you view them that way as well, you're basically answering your own 'problem'.

The problem is not how to change one man's views, but how to change many people's views.
And it's not only the views that are to be changed, but also the people who misbehave.

I am accustomed to hearing from other people bad things about gypsies, and do not quite hear good ones. I don't know in what measure I may be racist, I hope I am not, but there really is a problem in Romania with gypsies, and I really would like the gypsies to be helped to live better lives and to be equal to everyone else.
When the 'every man' has these views, or speaks about them that way, it's hard to change politicians minds about how to treat a group of people - they're catering to their voter base, after all.

And yes, we have those same "problems" in America.
Racism is a societal and cultural problem.

The first step to solve it, though I doubt we'll ever be truly rid of it, is education and to stop people thinking in stereotypes.

I personally TRY to judge people as individuals, not by their religious/cultural/national identities. I don't always succeed, unfortunately.
Dying to live, living to die.
First of all you're wrong about Hitler - The man believed in genetic perfection and skin colour/ethnicity was a variable - You only need to spend 15 minutes in stormfront to see how much gene matters, regardless of how smart or nice you are as a person.

Well I live in Portugal and here we have some Romanians,gypsies, and blacks. Portuguese people are racist, but only subtly. Basically, most of us don't really "like" blacks, gypsies and other coloured immigrants but few of us want to kick them out and we welcome them here. REgarding eastern Europeans, we are only racist towards them if they're non-white - For example, white Ukranians are common in Portugal and no one discriminates against them unless the Portuguese (spoken) is terribly imperfect.

I don't how how true what you wrote is. My girlfriend is 1/4 Gypsi, and as she likes to say "I'm only ethnically gypsi" (it's basically a code for "don't mix me in the same bag as those people - She is really racist against gypsies). Out of all social groups I think gypsies are the most hated in Portugal, much more than blacks, Indians and so on.

Out of curiosity, are Romanians ethnically white? I'm asking this because most Romanians I see here are gypsi, but now that you tell me that I'm realizing you guys are probably eastern caucasians.

I've had bad experiences with gipsies, but I try to not generalize - Though my prejudice still lingers when a gipsy approaches me on the street ("No I don't have any damn cigarettes!!!")
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(March 9, 2015 at 9:33 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: When the 'every man' has these views, or speaks about them that way, it's hard to change politicians minds about how to treat a group of people - they're catering to their voter base, after all.

And yes, we have those same "problems" in America.

The problem with the politicians and the citizens goes like this: uneducated / stupid people elect bad politicians, which do not do much to improve the education of the citizens, so future generations remain quite at the same level of IQ and education. So it's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation. You need someone (or some people) to push the country further, but that someone also needs to convince the uneducated / low IQ people to trust him. It is difficult.
(March 9, 2015 at 9:05 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: when you talk about an entire race the same way Americans talk about blacks and mexicans.
(emphasis is mine)

Thanks for illuminating your point.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25999 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side? Greatest I am 58 2172 August 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump on Immigrants jessicaseinfeld 11 1054 July 1, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: jessicaseinfeld
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 468 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 537 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 728 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Penis Lives Matters. How to solve racism Kimmy 27 2602 August 24, 2018 at 3:33 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Illegal Immigrants RoadRunner79 149 19116 June 27, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2235 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  10 things that you did not know about immigrants. Jehanne 31 4113 April 24, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet