Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side?

The moment we follow our selfish gene’s love bias of tribalism and racism for our own kind and color, we create a hate bias for all other kinds and colors.

Negative racism is born in us from our love of our own kind and color. It is natural and normal for the human species.

We are born the fittest of our line. It follows that nature would have it no other way for us as individual animals but to think of ourselves as the best. Nature always creates for the best possible end and for each of us and our genetic line, something like us is the best.

Tribalism/racism has a dual nature. Good parts and evil parts. Mostly good but it is hell when the uglier negative racist side is in play.

We are racist because we know that reality favors the survival of the fittest. That is what we are in our genetic lines; even the most unfit of us, when compared to the average or above average.

We mostly negatively express our tribalism/racism with violence, even to war and rebellion. The less profitable way to gain the upper hand as compared to trading. Check human history.

We are heading for violence in the U.S thanks to the oppression of too many groups. Blacks, natives, women, gays and all other groups that are oppressed unjustly are beginning to unite into a large group that will no longer be cowed. If nothing changes after peaceful means are tried, violence is bound to happen.

We must live in tribes as we are not in any way born free. That is the good part of tribalism, even as it holds the evil racism part within.

The evil part is using violence against those who are not in our own in groups. That is of course what we whites have been doing to non-whites for a long time now in North America.

It is good to be tribal and loyal to our colors and tribes.

It is foolish to not have the battle of the colors not shift to acceptance instead of hating others and bringing violence to all.

Black to white, all our own genetic lines, have shown that they too are the fittest for their color.

To kill or trade are the only ways to take advantage of each other in terms of control. Good competition without killing or oppressing each other is the ethical way forwards.

I see this as what being civilized is all about, and the best way for tribes, black to white, to co-exist in peace.

You?

Regards
DL
RE: Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side?
Peace and humanity, cannot coexist.
(August 9, 2020 at 6:40 pm)no one Wrote: Peace and humanity, cannot coexist.

I think that history shows otherwise. 

Do you see our instincts as wrong in creating us as we are?

Or does the fact that we have become the dominant species here indicate that even with some evil in tribalism/racism, indicate that pour instincts are really good?

In fact, too good to evolutionists who are hard pressed to show why we are so good to each other.

Regards
DL
History shows otherwise?

What are you smoking?
I prefer cosmopolitanism because that's what I've known most of my life, though I also prefer my ethnic conclave within that urban cosmopolitan setting. That's called the best of both worlds.
I think the fault in your promise lies in
“tribalism and racism for our own kind and color, we create a hate bias for all other kinds and colors.“

Loving yourself and your “tribe” does not necessarily follow by hating others. I love doughnuts that doesn’t mean I hate eclairs. I think your premise shows just how entrenched in a triabalistic all or nothing, everything is black or white, narrative.

Essentially u r saying that to love yourself u have to hate others. Fear breeds hate not love, at least not the love I know and try to show.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I wouldn't say I "hate" certain populations or groups, as that is a very strong word. But I certainly dislike them and avoid interacting with them. Do you think that is wrong? There are certain populations and groups out there which to me are like wild animals. I only treat them as though they are people for the sake of convenience and to avoid their harm, the way you try to pacify a wild animal if you come across one in the wilderness.
(August 9, 2020 at 11:58 pm)Tulayhah-Asadi Wrote: I wouldn't say I "hate" certain populations or groups, as that is a very strong word. But I certainly dislike them and avoid interacting with them. Do you think that is wrong? There are certain populations and groups out there which to me are like wild animals. I only treat them as though they are people for the sake of convenience and to avoid their harm, the way you try to pacify a wild animal if you come across one in the wilderness.
I actually think this way too for, what I consider, ideologically reprehensible opponents. However, I separate the person from the ideology - viewing them as "possessed" by bad faith ideas, which corrupt their worldview negatively.

Similarly, if I come across a dog that is violent and visibly aggressive I will avoid it, but at the same time think that it didn't become this way naturally, but because of the negative and assholey owner that most likely mistreated it. I find that most dogs are loving and fiercely loyal, and will reciprocate how people treat them, good or bad. We really don't deserve them and their very trusting and loving nature.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Very impressive.  In one post, you've managed to extol the virtues of apartheid, racism, and (unless I miss my guess) inbreeding. You also accomplished the difficult task of making misstatements about genetics, evolution, and human history in practically the same breath.

You must be exhausted.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 9, 2020 at 7:37 pm)no one Wrote: What are you smoking?

Statistics. You should try some.

Regards
DL

(August 9, 2020 at 11:46 pm)Tulayhah-Asadi Wrote: I prefer cosmopolitanism because that's what I've known most of my life, though I also prefer my ethnic conclave within that urban cosmopolitan setting. That's called the best of both worlds.

You are like most. 

Have you noted how almost all major centers have various quarters for the various ethnic groups?

I initially thought that that was an old fashioned way to live, but the modern people are still being forced, to some extent, to stick to his own in group.

Blacks and the less well off are discriminated against for being forced to live in ghettoes. 

The U.S. banks and blacks call it redlining.

Regards
DL

(August 9, 2020 at 11:53 pm)tackattack Wrote: I think the fault in your promise lies in
“tribalism and racism for our own kind and color, we create a hate bias for all other kinds and colors.“

Loving yourself and your “tribe” does not necessarily follow by hating others. I love doughnuts that doesn’t mean I hate eclairs. I think your premise shows just how entrenched in a triabalistic all or nothing, everything is black or white, narrative.

Essentially u r saying that to love yourself u have to hate others. Fear breeds hate not love, at least not the love I know and try to show.

Our instincts guide us. Do you not trust them?

You do not seem to take to the reality that when we create a love bias, we automatically will hate anything or anyone who puts what we love in jeopardy.

If that is not what creates our hate biases, what does?

Try thinking of your children. You love them and may not hate anything, but if put in jeopardy by someone, you will have negative feelings toward that person, even if you do not call that dislike hate.

Regards
DL

(August 9, 2020 at 11:58 pm)Tulayhah-Asadi Wrote: I wouldn't say I "hate" certain populations or groups, as that is a very strong word. But I certainly dislike them and avoid interacting with them. Do you think that is wrong? There are certain populations and groups out there which to me are like wild animals. I only treat them as though they are people for the sake of convenience and to avoid their harm, the way you try to pacify a wild animal if you come across one in the wilderness.

Tribalism and racism are mostly good IMO, but also has an evil side.

No. I do not think you are wrong.

A sage put it this way to explain our instinctual ways as we evolve and compete for women and resources.

Me against my brother. Me and my brother against my cousin. Me and my brother and cousin against the stranger.

Regards
DL

(August 10, 2020 at 5:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Very impressive.  In one post, you've managed to extol the virtues of apartheid, racism, and (unless I miss my guess) inbreeding. You also accomplished the difficult task of making misstatements about genetics, evolution, and human history in practically the same breath.

You must be exhausted.

Boru

I do not make misstatements.

Thanks for not showing what you are trashing. 

That shows your I.Q. and really allows me to defend my positions.

You win this debate, loser.

Regards
DL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25942 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2857 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 463 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 530 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 719 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4471 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Penis Lives Matters. How to solve racism Kimmy 27 2597 August 24, 2018 at 3:33 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  I Side With Quiz FlyingNarwhal 18 1144 June 24, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The political side that is the "correct" side. Catholic_Lady 34 5502 May 29, 2018 at 12:12 am
  Racism = Prejudice + Power? Mechaghostman2 1 504 August 2, 2017 at 7:32 am