Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Essay About Jesus, Art, and Cesare Borgia!
Nice Essay About Jesus, Art, and Cesare Borgia!
Leave it to the xtian shitwits to indulge in apologetics for their boy, though.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/how-d...he-savior/

Quote:How did Jesus get to be so hot? The fascinating history of depictions of the savior

Quote:In an effort to distance themselves from the image of a swarthy Middle Eastern Jesus some conservative Christians have even laid out the following (transparently self-serving) argument: Since God impregnated Mary, he must have“fashioned the necessary genes and chromosomes that could be the vehicle of Christ’s person in uniting with those in the body of the virgin.” This means Jesus had some unknown kind of DNA that came straight from God, and so he could have had any shape of face, eye color, skin tone, build or height. Ergo, there’s no reason to assume that he looked like a typical Palestinian Jew.
RE: Nice Essay About Jesus, Art, and Cesare Borgia!
That's just retarded.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Why not, though?

If everything else can be explained by Jesus poofs, why not special god jizz that made Jesus look like a medieval hippie? What better way to make Jesus become a contemporary cultural phenomenon and a leader of the Hebrews than to make him look like a fucking Roman.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
So... now they're saying god has DNA?

Do these people ever have any internally consistent thoughts, like, at all?
(March 15, 2015 at 12:43 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: Do these people ever have any internally consistent thoughts, like, at all?

Only for the 42 seconds while they solve their current conundrum. Then they never think about it again.

Why was Jesus white? Obvy because God had special DNA. Problem solved. Box checked, disaster averted.

Two days later they'll be arguing about how no one can know the features of god and that you're interpreting the Bible wrong.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Xtians are consistent only in their silliness.
Catering to their core audience, I assume. White racist American males with low education.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Maybe he was bright green.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1788 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Atheism in art Graufreud 19 907 August 6, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Nice Work, Shitheads Minimalist 7 1375 September 28, 2017 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Vatican Gay Art Tour Minimalist 5 1702 July 7, 2015 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  This is Nice to See for a Change FatAndFaithless 41 6055 February 20, 2015 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  The Pope is such a nice guy Napoléon 25 4130 October 27, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  A Nice Look at the (Un)Holy Bible RonaldReagansGhost666 6 2246 January 20, 2013 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Violet
  nice debate daniels 3 2088 July 2, 2012 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  3 nice videos ( with download links ) vvv 0 930 December 12, 2011 at 11:38 am
Last Post: vvv
  Hector Avalos - Interesting Essay. Minimalist 2 1563 October 29, 2010 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist