Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolce and Gabbana called children born through IVF "synthetic"
Dolce and Gabbana called children born through IVF "synthetic"
Sir Elton John is calling for a boycott of fashion brand Dolce and Gabbana.

He's criticising the designers after they called children born through IVF "synthetic" in a magazine interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/31896339

Comments??
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Dolce and Gabbana called children born through IVF "synthetic"
I prefer the term artificial person.

Confusedhock:
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'd prefer it if people would get over this presupposition that artificial things are bad.

Or that they finally figure out that humans are natural, therefore whatever they do is just as natural as beavers building dams or ants building colonies. Whichever possibility means I finally get to stop having to hear this lazy "it's unnatural!" line of reasoning.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
That Doltz and Gubbins sound like ignorant nob ends to me. I'm happy to join the boycott since I never buy new clothes anyway.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:Business partners Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, who are both gay and were a couple for 23 years until breaking up in 2005, have rejected same-sex marriage in the past.

But in an interview with Italian magazine Panorama this weekend they went further saying they also didn't agree with the idea of gay families.

"We oppose gay adoptions," they say, "The only family is the traditional one.

My mind is full of fuck.Confused Fall

As a father of two synthetics, I think Elton John is overreacting. They're not old enough to understand now, but I would use this is an opportunity to teach my kids the life lesson that you will always have to deal with stupid people insulting, archaic beliefs. I mean, you can't get so riled up over the dumb shit that comes from the mouths of morons, or life is going to be rough for you.

Both my kids are from IVF, and my only reaction to this is mild amusement.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Exactly how are they synthetic if they were conceived by joining two completely natural human reproductive cells? Dodgy

Someone needs a dictionary. To the face.
They may or may not be stupid.

But they sure are ignorant.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
I'd find it a bit cool to be synthetic
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Says the company that makes 'perfumes' to masquerade our natural scents. I need another irony meter.
I thought Elton John was dead?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I called it. onlinebiker 3 472 July 19, 2021 at 12:07 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1648 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  This thing, called bum, I kinda hate it.... Brian37 16 1933 May 8, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saudi Arabia: beating children is finally recorded and exposed WinterHold 13 1273 November 21, 2019 at 6:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should ISIS fighters/wives/children be repatriated? brewer 112 6911 March 9, 2019 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Yemen children massacre WinterHold 14 1712 September 5, 2018 at 6:11 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Now it's called the Kingdom of eSwatini' vorlon13 10 1140 April 19, 2018 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  I Wonder If She Called Him A Fucking Moron Too? Minimalist 8 1590 December 12, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Huh Trump Actually Gets A Policy Through Now Watch Him Fuck It Up Amarok 11 4169 June 26, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  White House Doesn't Want It Called Trump Care Minimalist 32 6967 March 15, 2017 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Alex K