Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do Christians Feel About the Testimony of Muslims and Vice Versa?
How Do Christians Feel About the Testimony of Muslims and Vice Versa?
My uncle and his family have a house down in inland Florida. My cousin told me hurricane Irma was coming right toward them when at the last minute it changed course and veered off to the gulf.

I know this is the kind of story my mother would love to hear other Christians tell, but I wondered how she'd take it if she knew they were down there praising Allah.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: How Do Christians Feel About the Testimony of Muslims and Vice Versa?
"Our bullshit is the real shit. Their shit is really bullshit."

"False prophets!" --> <-- "False prophets!"
The ones here don't seem to like the superior documentation of Mormonism too much, I don't suppose Islam would merit much praise either.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Their testimony doesn't count. When they pray to their god, and something good happens, it doesn't count. And the muslim god is totally not the same abrahamic god that christians and jews worship.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 18, 2017 at 6:22 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: My uncle and his family have a house down in inland Florida. My cousin told me  hurricane Irma was coming right toward them when at the last minute it changed course and veered off to the gulf.  

I know this is the kind of story my mother would love to hear other Christians tell, but I wondered how she'd take it if she knew they were down there praising Allah.

I think Islam definitely has some truths to it. We do believe in the same God as Muslims do, though there is a difference in our interpretation of Him. I still think Muslim prayer is valid, and I have a good friend who is Muslim whom I've asked to pray for me and vice versa. 

I don't believe the hurricane veering west had anything to do with prayer though. It seems a bit presumptuous to assume God performed a miracle in this case.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Quote:We do believe in the same God as Muslims do

That's not what the super christee types say, hon.

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/bibl...10578.html

Quote:The Allah of Islam, however, is definitely not the God of the Bible; for while Muslims passionately defend the unity of God, they patently deny His triunity. They recoil at the notion of God as Father, reject the unique deity of Jesus Christ the Son, and renounce the divine identity of the Holy Spirit.
(September 18, 2017 at 3:02 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(September 18, 2017 at 6:22 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: My uncle and his family have a house down in inland Florida. My cousin told me  hurricane Irma was coming right toward them when at the last minute it changed course and veered off to the gulf.  

I think Islam definitely has some truths to it. We do believe in the same God as Muslims do, though there is a difference in our interpretation of Him. I still think Muslim prayer is valid, and I have a good friend who is Muslim whom I've asked to pray for me and vice versa. 

I don't believe the hurricane veering west had anything to do with prayer though. It seems a bit presumptuous to assume God performed a miracle in this case.
It's a violation of the Koran for muslims to have non-muslims as friends.  So your good friend who is supposedly a muslim is an infidel.
whose friend is a heretic . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 18, 2017 at 3:09 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(September 18, 2017 at 3:02 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I think Islam definitely has some truths to it. We do believe in the same God as Muslims do, though there is a difference in our interpretation of Him. I still think Muslim prayer is valid, and I have a good friend who is Muslim whom I've asked to pray for me and vice versa. 

It's a violation of the Koran for muslims to have non-muslims as friends.  So your good friend who is supposedly a muslim is an infidel.

Depends on how they interpret the Koran. The more radical type Muslims certainly believe this is a violation of their faith. But most devout/practicing Muslims in the West take no issue in befriending non Muslims. We've been to their wedding, spent a couple nights at their parent's house for Thanksgiving weekend last year, and still keep in touch over long distances. 

One thing they are not allowed to do for us non Muslims is donate their organs to us. So it is against their religion to be organ donors in the West because more likely than not your organs would go to a non Muslim. I found out about that recently from my friend. But they are definitely allowed to be friends.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3132 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Question for Christians and Muslims Fake Messiah 24 2507 February 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: no one
  Muslims chime in...... Brian37 4 924 May 3, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths orthodox-man 46 8171 January 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 11326 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  How do you call someone who is religious only because it makes them feel happy? Der/die AtheistIn 38 7226 November 25, 2017 at 12:31 am
Last Post: c172
  Muslims drink human feces. WinterHold 25 7341 September 21, 2017 at 1:46 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  I don't exactly feel the same way I once did. Ryantology 18 2677 January 26, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I sorta feel like I didn't live up to my Dad's expecatations NuclearEnergy 22 2246 January 2, 2017 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  My favorite muslims bennyboy 46 7059 August 7, 2016 at 7:51 am
Last Post: RobertE