Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians and reproduction
Christians and reproduction
Why is it that many many Christian families breed like rabbits? I have a neighbor who's Mormon and there's 9 kids in their family. Is this some kind of multiply so that they can have as much off their religious offspring as possible, or what? Dodgy
RE: Christians and reproduction
It is them taking Genesis too literally on top of them wanting to breed a retarded theist army.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm not sure. There is this ridiculous "Quiverfull" movement which literally attempts to spread Christianity by having as many fuckers as possible and indoctrinating them.

Do religious people in general have more children than non-religious? I'd be interested to know.

I'd guess they are less likely to get an abortion on the whole. And some are against contraception...
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I know this has been posted before (at least once by me), but it always strikes me as the perfect go-to response for the questions of religionists and sprogging.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 31, 2015 at 5:57 am)robvalue Wrote: I'm not sure. There is this ridiculous "Quiverfull" movement which literally attempts to spread Christianity by having as many fuckers as possible and indoctrinating them.

Do religious people in general have more children than non-religious? I'd be interested to know.

I'd guess they are less likely to get an abortion on the whole. And some are against contraception...

My next door neighbours are devout catholics, they have seven children!!!!!!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Hmmm?
The idea is, if God is in control, He will give us the number of children He wants us to have...and if we thwart that, we are outside of God's will.  Can we trust Him to give us what He knows is best for us, or will we take matters into our own hands?  God never gives us more than we can handle.  One of my bff's has 14 kids. A good friend of mine has 12.  Most of my friends and bff's have at least 5. I have one friend that had 6 six and under, but after her 3rd c-section the doctor told her she had to stop.
Retirement plan for pastors.
(October 31, 2015 at 1:31 am)godzilla_22 Wrote: Why is it that many many Christian families breed like rabbits? [...]

Because many, many christian families treat their children as farming tools and/or cattle and you can never have enough of those. 

Poor, uneducated people are the main source of income and political power for religious institutions, which is why they do everything they can to keep them multiplying. Hence prohibitions on contraceptives, abortion and such.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Xtian men need more options on where to stick it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 31, 2015 at 8:50 am)Hmmm? Wrote: The idea is, if God is in control, He will give us the number of children He wants us to have...and if we thwart that, we are outside of God's will.  Can we trust Him to give us what He knows is best for us, or will we take matters into our own hands?  God never gives us more than we can handle.  One of my bff's has 14 kids. A good friend of mine has 12.  Most of my friends and bff's have at least 5. I have one friend that had 6 six and under, but after her 3rd c-section the doctor told her she had to stop.

I'd say people who kill themselves have been given more than they can handle. I've been on the brink for a long time myself; I probably would have done it recently had I had anything to hand to do the job.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10855 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar