Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolutionary Science Grinds On...
Evolutionary Science Grinds On...
no matter what the creatard assipes think.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/large...y-thought/

Quote:Largest genetics study ever shows humans are evolving faster than previously thought

Except southern baptists...they don't evolve at all.
RE: Evolutionary Science Grinds On...
(March 25, 2015 at 10:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: no matter what the creatard assipes think.

Quote:Largest genetics study ever shows humans are evolving faster than previously thought

Don't misunderestimate them. We might just witness a sympatriotic speciation event there.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Now we just have to teach fundamentalists that evolution doesn't mean a particular animal changing throughout its own lifetime to suit its surroundings by suddenly growing wings or gills.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 26, 2015 at 4:24 am)robvalue Wrote: Now we just have to teach fundamentalists that evolution doesn't mean a particular animal changing throughout its own lifetime to suit its surroundings by suddenly growing wings or gills.

'If evolution is true, then why don't dogs give birth to cats?'

I'm not a particularly violent man, but questions like that one....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
No matter how certain the science gets on the topic of abiogenesis (or Cosmological issues, or whatever else) zealots are going to weasel their way out shout "Blasphemy!" or "God did it!" or both.
(March 26, 2015 at 4:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 26, 2015 at 4:24 am)robvalue Wrote: Now we just have to teach fundamentalists that evolution doesn't mean a particular animal changing throughout its own lifetime to suit its surroundings by suddenly growing wings or gills.

Boru

I might reply "since I don't want to insult your mother, I would say as a human your mother certainly gave birth to a jackass"
(March 25, 2015 at 10:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Except southern baptists...they don't evolve at all.
Heh, I'm sure they'd love for that to be the case.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 26, 2015 at 4:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'If evolution is true, then why don't dogs give birth to cats?'

Boru

[Image: CrocoDuck.jpg]
[Image: oreillycantexplain1.jpg]
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(March 26, 2015 at 3:28 am)Alex K Wrote:
(March 25, 2015 at 10:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: no matter what the creatard assipes think.

Don't misunderestimate them. We might just witness a sympatriotic speciation event there.

Personally I don't even want to share a genus with those things. Maybe after the event we can reclassify southern baptists into the genus pongo.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(March 26, 2015 at 4:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

It freaking blows my mind when people ask questions like that - and it's not at all uncommon.

We need alternate methods of science education to include colorful books with thick cardboard pages, pop-ups and games. Different people learn in different ways.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  evolutionary psychology evolcon 163 10596 October 15, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Fossil worm shows us our evolutionary beginnings zebo-the-fat 0 360 March 24, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Evolutionary fine tuning ... ignoramus 10 1221 July 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Evolutionary Tree RoadRunner79 165 23512 September 8, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals? Rhondazvous 2 1023 February 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Evolutionary biology adopting religious traits tantric 55 10310 December 29, 2014 at 7:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Nature: Does evolutionary theory need a rethink? Dolorian 10 4059 October 12, 2014 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Chas
  The vanilla bean-evolutionary quandry professor 27 6224 June 9, 2014 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The evolutionary puzzle of homosexuality downbeatplumb 1 1487 February 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  The Dangerous Side of Evolutionary Change... Minimalist 16 5252 January 29, 2014 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Darkstar