Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals?
An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals?
I would think there’s some kind of evolutionary connection between plants and animals, because plants contain the vitamins that out bodies need.

Intelligent design cannot account for this. It would have to be a very crappy intelligence that put the vitamins we need inside plants and then failed to put in our bodies the enzyme we need to digest those plants. Perhaps the same crappy intelligence that put the knowledge of good and evil in a plant and then told the man not to eat the plant. A spiritual interpretation of Genesis? I think not.

Is it possible that plants are the link between anaerobic life that existed before the Great Oxygen Event and the aerobic life after that event?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals?
(February 18, 2016 at 8:01 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: I would think there’s some kind of evolutionary connection between plants and animals, because plants contain the vitamins that out bodies need.

Intelligent design cannot account for this. It would have to be a very crappy intelligence that put the vitamins we need inside plants and then failed to put in our bodies the enzyme we need to digest those plants. Perhaps the same crappy intelligence that put the knowledge of good and evil in a plant and then told the man not to eat the plant. A spiritual interpretation of Genesis? I think not.

Is it possible that plants are the link between anaerobic life that existed before the Great Oxygen Event and the aerobic life after that event?

Plants and animals have a common ancestor if you go back far enough, so there is a definite link between life pre-oxygen and post-oxygen. And yes, there is a pretty clear selective path between what we have become and what we eat.

Same goes for plants and the soil they grow in, and bacteria and the environment they live in, etc etc.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
RE: An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals?
We are one large happy symbiotic organism. (Like fleas on a dog!)

Obviously, plants evolved because the environment allowed them to, not so they can be eaten by us as part of you know who's plan! He he

PS, I'd love to know what instinctive triggers tells my cat to start eating grass because he wants to throw up a furball?
They just know? Is it programmed somewhere in their DNA?
Something they don't think about, they just do?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  evolutionary psychology evolcon 163 9843 October 15, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Fossil worm shows us our evolutionary beginnings zebo-the-fat 0 354 March 24, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  [Serious] Link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism established Fake Messiah 9 976 November 18, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Evolutionary fine tuning ... ignoramus 10 1208 July 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Correlations between Intelligence & Interest Azu 6 1247 May 8, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The connection between religion and neuropsychological processes in the human brain Aroura 9 2200 March 10, 2017 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Evolutionary Tree RoadRunner79 165 22791 September 8, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Did the King Play Chess On Fine Grained Sand for Plants Too? Rhondazvous 1 672 June 19, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Relation Between Memory and Intelligence? Rhondazvous 13 3466 December 15, 2015 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Evolutionary Science Grinds On... Minimalist 19 4960 March 26, 2015 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam