Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blasphemy, I can and I will......
Blasphemy, I can and I will......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sph8Qu8wLAk (Fuck The Pope Song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDnxv6eFNg (Mr Deity Fuck you Pope)

Penn Gillette in "God No", "fuck faith". (From his book)

Oh and fuck you Ben Affleck.

Yes, I am with Bill Maher, religion needs to GROW THE FUCK UP!

I find it laughable and sad at the same time that people are more concerned with getting their claims picked on and their gods picked on, than say discrimination against gays, Christians murdered by Isis and minority Muslims depending,  and atheists in the Middle East living under real threat of death, and some fucking crybabies here in the states get their diapers in a bunch because because someone cussed them out. 

Only an idiot thinks being insulted is worse than being murdered over an insult. And only an idiot thinks cuss words or blasphemy should be banned in all contexts to keep the peace. I am fucking tired of my well intended PC friends on the left. Political correctness is what the state of Iran is, they force their population to never say boo to the state or their religion. Saudi Arabia is a a sexist xenophobic state which does not allow women to drive, on top of calling atheists terrorists and also having them arrested flogged and also under threat of the death penalty for blasphemy.

Now do not ask me to give one flying fuck about anyone who would insist on religious fascism and have the childish petty nerve to equate mere words to fascism. Religion deserves no blind value and anyone hiding behind it to coddle insecurities are the ones who need to grow up. There are 7 billion humans and the reality is we will not always say nice things about each other. 

Yes I will keep repeating myself, and fuck anyone who wants to claim my repetition is "militant". Militant is demanding laws that deny others rights. Militant is using mob rule and state sanctioned violence and censorship to keep people from dissent. Everyone reading this gets to go to bed at night and that civility is also done knowing we don't have to like each other or only say nice things about each other. 
RE: Blasphemy, I can and I will......
Most Americans wouldn't know militant if it shoved an ied up their ass.

Christians are only concerned with one type of discrimination: anything against them, and fuck everybody else.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I agree with everything you said. Free speech is sacred. If we really want to live in a liberal democracy at least we should act coherently. It doesn't mean it's not bad for Christians to be murdered, or minority Muslims to suffer violence - Still, I criticize ideas, not people. BTW correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Iran no more tolerant of Christians? They even have Christians in the parliament to represent that sect of the population
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

How about this: "If you really believe God is anything other than a projection of yourself, why are you taking insults against him personally?"

People need to grow up and stop using their religion as their whole identity. And if the only response you have is outrage to the criticism, maybe you should get some new beliefs which aren't mental.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If you label yourself as an atheist on Christian forums, then anything you say is blasphemy according to their moderators.
It is not just Christians, it is our species bad idea that if they hold a religious label somehow that label is the patent holder and inventor of all human morality. I don't give Buddhists or Hindus a pass on that too. Even atheists, although it is currently not a religion, I do not like the idea of atheists trying to invent moral lists themselves. Our ability to be cruel or compassionate is in our species, not the labels we assign ourselves or others.
This is related to the thread on the fragility of religion. Prohibition against blasphemy has the same roots as prohibition or discouragement of any aspect of critical examination of a religion - the recognition that the whole thing rests on a fragile foundation, not able to withstand such scrutiny.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Sure, I have no respect for any irrational beliefs and I'll happily point out the flaws in them, whatever they are. The motivation I feel to do so depends mainly on the problems those beliefs are causing, but all poorly held beliefs are of potential danger. As we've seen many times on here, if you accept one claim for bad reasons you're much more likely to accept further irrational claims.

It is quite clear some people don't want to discuss their beliefs because they know they cannot even slightly defend them.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Hate the word "respect", it is far too much abused and most of the time means "don't bruise my ego" and or "know your place". I still even given that think it is irrational to expect all 7 billion humans to only say nice things, or never make absurd claims. I still value the right to make whatever claim you want. I do not value blasphemy laws or bans on cuss words. It still depends on the context of the situation and can only be treated as case by case. I am not a fan of blanket solutions.
Yeah. I can respect the fact that you can have whatever beliefs you want, and that if you don't want to discuss them, that is fine. But I don't have to respect the beliefs at all. Why should I? How can I respect something that is really stupid?

And if your beliefs are leading you to do harm, I'm gonna criticize them openly until you stop.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Blasphemy Thread Disagreeable 49 3131 October 17, 2023 at 10:00 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11157 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5278 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  BLASPHEMY! Minimalist 17 2966 June 17, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  If we can't criticize Islam in the West, where can it be criticized? TheMessiah 29 7767 May 10, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Blasphemy lifesagift 203 22665 February 20, 2015 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  We can demonstrate that souls, if they exist, can't feel pain. Chad32 10 3839 January 27, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Pakistan disabled girl arrested for blasphemy frankiej 36 11891 August 24, 2012 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Blasphemy II Cinjin 129 48404 June 25, 2012 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Blasphemy Day International 2009 moodydaniel 0 1590 March 4, 2009 at 11:15 am
Last Post: moodydaniel