Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why a heaven and hell couldn't exist.
Why a heaven and hell couldn't exist.
This is from a science stand point as to why it couldn't and cannot exist.
E=MC^2 Energy Mass times the speed of light squared. 

If either or lets just say dimensions did exist so lets put ours as variable A.
Variable A universe.
Variable B heaven.
Variable C hell. 

On a grand scale of things were are not made out of that much energy and the earth and everything dwarfs us in that department even our own creations.
So there is this thing called energy conservation and people who seek "free" energy are not getting free energy at all, it is impossible.
A being such as god would have to essentially replace what energy he has taken out being your "soul" and fill it with what the energy that he has taken out. 
And even still god with all that power would be loosing energy himself he created matter and the universe don't you think energy conservation would do the same to him.  Thinking

All in all were just made of star stuff and break that all down were just a little spark of energy Big Grin 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Why a heaven and hell couldn't exist.
You don't get it. If Jesus; then, heaven and hell.
Jesus!
Heaven and hell.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(April 1, 2015 at 12:09 am)dyresand Wrote: This is from a science stand point as to why it couldn't and cannot exist.
E=MC^2 Energy Mass times the speed of light squared. 

If either or lets just say dimensions did exist so lets put ours as variable A.
Variable A universe.
Variable B heaven.
Variable C hell. 

On a grand scale of things were are not made out of that much energy and the earth and everything dwarfs us in that department even our own creations.
So there is this thing called energy conservation and people who seek "free" energy are not getting free energy at all, it is impossible.
A being such as god would have to essentially replace what energy he has taken out being your "soul" and fill it with what the energy that he has taken out. 
And even still god with all that power would be loosing energy himself he created matter and the universe don't you think energy conservation would do the same to him.  Thinking

All in all were just made of star stuff and break that all down were just a little spark of energy Big Grin 

Assuming that no other universe or reality exists, that does not subscribe to our physical laws.
Indeed. Their existence violates everything we know, or think we know. It goes against all science, and even all common sense. It's pure fantasy, with absolutely no relation to anything real anyone has ever experienced.

Of course it's very convenient no one can prove they don't exist. But that's the classic argument from ignorance, and it is pathetic. Let me make that clear, an argument from ignorance, "you can't prove it doesn't exist" is laughable and anyone making such an argument should be ashamed of themselves. If that is all you've got, you may as well be a little kid telling me I can't prove Santa doesn't exist or that his toys don't come to life at night. No, I can't disprove unfalsifiable statements. No one can. But that is not a reason to believe any random supernatural shit anyone tells you. That is called fantasy, and should be reserved for the imagination only, not serious life decisions. Any bullshit unfalsifiable claim is as good as literally any other. By unfalsifiable, I mean it cannot be proven wrong. If it can't possibly ever be proven wrong, it is a worthless claim. It's framed in such a way that we can never know anything about it. Anything involving the supernatural automatically falls right into this category.

That is the difference between science and religion: science makes testable, falsifiable claims. Religion makes useless, random unfalsifiable claims which could be substituted for any other random claims and we wouldn't ever know the difference. The end result of a given event that we view in our reality looks exactly the same whether it has magical supernatural cause A, magic supernatural cause B, or no supernatural cause. If you disagree with that statement, you are seriously in danger of blurring the line between fantasy and reality. If I'm wrong, by all means tell me why.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It all falls apart when it comes back to the variable of god. His energy cannot be limitless he has to have a limit.
If he created 3 dimensions and violates the conservation on 1 and adds souls to the other two and replace the energy in the first.
It all comes down to how much power god has because it cannot be limitless it is impossible. Things just break down and become confusing to think about.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
It is the stupidest claim anyone could ever make! A being with infinite power.

How exactly would anyone have the slightest idea that he has infinite power? They can't even demonstrate one of his toe nail clippings or any trace of him outside their imagination, yet they want to tell me about his super powers.

Even if god did "talk to them" it's stupid for them to just believe what he says. "I'm all powerful baby, yeah!" Anyone can make claims. Hilariously, it's an unfalsifiable claim, during an unfalsifiable experience from an unfalsifiable being.

You just wrap yourselves up in that blanket of delusion, that's right! You know, I think maybe one of the reasons people are so willing to believe in "god" is they can't stand the idea that no one is ultimately in charge, that stuff is just going on here, inmates running the asylum. Grow up, daddy's gone, he's not coming back! Remember when he used to walk about? He stopped doing that. He's dead, I killed him. He's buried at these coordinates... oh wait I'm getting confused with something else.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 1, 2015 at 2:19 am)robvalue Wrote: It is the stupidest claim anyone could ever make! A being with infinite power.

How exactly would anyone have the slightest idea that he has infinite power? They can't even demonstrate one of his toe nail clippings or any trace of him outside their imagination, yet they want to tell me about his super powers.

Even if god did "talk to them" it's stupid for them to just believe what he says. "I'm all powerful baby, yeah!" Anyone can make claims. Hilariously, it's an unfalsifiable claim, during an unfalsifiable experience from an unfalsifiable being.

You just wrap yourselves up in that blanket of delusion, that's right! You know, I think maybe one of the reasons people are so willing to believe in "god" is they can't stand the idea that no one is ultimately in charge, that stuff is just going on here, inmates running the asylum. Grow up, daddy's gone, he's not coming back! Remember when he used to walk about? He stopped doing that. He's dead, I killed him. He's buried at these coordinates... oh wait I'm getting confused with something else.

Good point. While physics was never my best subject, that does make a lot of sense.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
If god has ordained that for your manifest sins and abominable disbelief you are to have red hot Interstate highway guardrails and broken windshield glass pounded into your rectum for eternity, then you are going to have guardrails and glass pounded into your rectum for eternity whether the laws of physics permit it or not.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 1, 2015 at 9:24 am)vorlon13 Wrote: If god has ordained that for your manifest sins and abominable disbelief you are to have red hot Interstate highway guardrails and broken windshield glass pounded into your rectum for eternity, then you are going to have guardrails and glass pounded into your rectum for eternity whether the laws of physics permit it or not.

Considering god of the bible is Calvinist he already knows who is and who isn't going to hell. So from that if that is true life really has no external meaning considering he could have skipped over creating life and just create beings to worship him in heaven.  

Code:
(April 1, 2015 at 1:08 am)robvalue Wrote: It's pure fantasy, with absolutely no relation to anything real anyone has ever experienced...That is the difference between science and religion: science makes testable, falsifiable claims. 

Firstly an afterlife has been experienced by real people during NDE's. Repeated studies by respectable researchers like Van Lommel, have clearly demonstrated that NDE's are what they appear to be. Secondly, Swedenborg was a real person who experienced both Heaven and Hell for extended periods of time and gave first hand reports of the things he saw and heard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 35140 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4260 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  GoodFight310 and the visions of Hell Ah_Hyug 0 776 September 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Ah_Hyug
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 27410 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  On Hell and Forgiveness LadyForCamus 977 83408 October 19, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: kelseck
  Hello and question about hell Kyro 80 5086 August 11, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5382 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12235 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5443 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13554 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich