Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first post
My first post
Intro / Leaving Christianity
Hello my name is Michael and I am 14 years old. All my life I have questioned religion and I was always scared of "going to hell". When I was 10 years old my parents divorced and my mom had moved in with my grandparents. They were HARDCORE Christians! In order for us to stay there he made us go to church every single Sunday and would get mad if we did not go. That year I started learning a lot more about Christianity and I was later baptized. This was probably the worst point of my life. I was so brain washed that I would scare my friends almost forcing them to "accept Christ". I had lost a lot of friends for that. Then my mother finally got an apartment and we no longer attended church. My "faith" was slowly dieing. 3 year pass and I one day I stumble across an atheism video on YouTube. I watched the entire thing and it made a lot of sense about how God is probably not real. I became very scared and depressed about thinking about no life after death. Then I start watching JaquelinGlenn videos on YouTube (YouTuber that makes a lot of videos on Atheism). I start to feel more confident about becoming an Atheist. After that I continue researching Atheism along with Christianity. At this point I felt confident to label myself as an atheist. I came out to my friends (I don't have many). I told 6 of which 4 were cool about it (Small debates but didn't change friendships) And the other 2 were also atheist. I never really discuss religion with my friends so I was happy and surprised to find this out. I am not open with my family but I like to hint a lot and trash talk religion in general. My mother is kind of religious and my dad does not really talk about it at all. Soon I am thinking about coming out.

More About Me
I spend way too much time on the internet and I consider myself an addict to it. I am currently going through a diet (which is not going real well). I love music and I like anything but country. I am bad at debating because I am not that educated about religions but I love to talk to people.

I hope I enjoy being on this fourm and meet lots of new people!
RE: My first post
Welcome!

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Ohai! I'm pretty new here too. Welcome!
...it is common knowledge that the upper third, centered in Flagstaff, is Alta Arizona; the lower third, centered in Tucson, is Baja Arizona; and the middle third, centered in Phoenix, is Caca Arizona. Simple as ABC...

http://www.bandersnatch.com/bajaz.htm
Welcome Smile
Welcome, youngin. 6 friends! That's a lot in my book. I'm impressed with you kids, nobody cared enough about religion to question it when we were that age. You should have a far less confusing remaining teen years.
Hey, yo, welcome, wassup?
Welcome

Hope you enjoy the forums. It's always good to see young people being able to think critically. I say that as a 29 year old... am I old enough to say "young people?"

I feel like I am.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome youngin. Enjoy your stay here. You'll learn a lot.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Welcome!
Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post athrock 19 2778 November 26, 2015 at 9:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My first post wynnwalker 7 1743 December 4, 2013 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  First things first Bad Writer 61 10892 June 30, 2013 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Aractus