Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOW I have no sound!
NOW I have no sound!
The reinstall went spiffingly,except now I have no sound.The system will not recognise the devices,neither the Dell nor generic speakers.

A Google search showed this seems to be a common problem with XP. Yes, I did reinstall all the Dell drivers from a resource disc .

I got hold of a programme called 'Driver Guide Drivers Scan". It found 24 drivers which it says need updating. My policy with updating drivers is "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Any one know how to identify which driver(s) to update,assuming they are listed?
RE: NOW I have no sound!
What does this have to do with Jesus?

Ah Drivers...yet another reason I don't like using Windows. It's probable that the drivers simply didn't install properly. If you go to the Dell site, you can select your model and there will be a driver download section where you can download the specific audio driver you need.
I have a programme called Driver Detective. It'll cost you a few pounds/dollars/yen or whatever but it's well worth it.

And as far as Jesus is concerned, I'm starting to go off him a bit. Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Quote:What does this have to do with Jesus?

I would have thought that was obvious. He's punishing me for all those ,mean things I've said about his Dad.

Gee Jesus, I'm really fucking sorry I called the old crunt and old crunt..

Quote:Ah Drivers...yet another reason I don't like using Windows. It's probable that the drivers simply didn't install properly. If you go to the Dell site, you can select your model and there will be a driver download section where you can download the specific audio driver you need.

That's the simplest and most logical explanation yet. OK I'll do that. Thanks a fair bit. You get a cookie if it works.

PS: Who was responsible for our new look forum? I'd like to thank him/her personally for making me spill boiling coffee in my lap and burning my scrotum. Big Grin
Please don't worry about your scrotum.. Years of sitting in front of your PC have left it shriveled and useless Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(April 1, 2010 at 6:30 am)padraic Wrote: That's the simplest and most logical explanation yet. OK I'll do that. Thanks a fair bit. You get a cookie if it works.

PS: Who was responsible for our new look forum? I'd like to thank him/her personally for making me spill boiling coffee in my lap and burning my scrotum. Big Grin
I get a cookie AND a thank you Big Grin w00t!

Glad you think the redesign Wink
Quote:NOW I have no sound!

It's a MIRACLE!!!!!
(April 1, 2010 at 12:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

It's a MIRACLE!!!!!

I blame Darwin.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(April 1, 2010 at 12:37 pm)leo-rcc Wrote:
(April 1, 2010 at 12:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

It's a MIRACLE!!!!!

I blame Darwin.

Easy to fix. Just sacrifice a goat and draw a pentagram to Beelzebub - it will work again.
Why is everyone so tough on goats?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1090 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1264 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How Does This Sound? Rhondazvous 17 1521 February 7, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Songs That Sound Like They're From The 80's But Aren't Actually From The 80's Edwardo Piet 0 591 December 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I'm curious: What does your "inner voice" sound like, to you? MTL 40 3659 January 24, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Does this Sound Odd to You? Rhondazvous 3 609 January 1, 2016 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What Sound Does Yellow Make? :-D Post Your Favorite Discword Trope Here! God of Mr. Hanky 7 1906 December 25, 2015 at 12:12 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Gif with sound dyresand 1 834 August 27, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Did you once have beliefs that now embarrass you? Ryantology 7 989 May 24, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  What science shows do kids have now? Tea Earl Grey Hot 11 2877 May 16, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13