Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you once have beliefs that now embarrass you?
Did you once have beliefs that now embarrass you?
Some of us were once religious before we wised up. *raises hand*. I was also really conservative, once upon a time. Now I'm just a bra-snapping liberal atheist.

What follows looks like quotes I cribbed from Godschild or Drich or Waldorf, but it's shit I actually said, in a much dumber stage of my life.

Care to have a public laugh at your past self, too? If not, laugh at my past self. Or my present self.
RE: Did you once have beliefs that now embarrass you?
(May 24, 2014 at 1:59 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Care to have a public laugh at your past self, too? If not, laugh at my past self. Or my present self.

If I had saved any of my past theistic rants, they would not have been half as coherent as yours. When I was young, I was truly young, and it was apparent in how I presented myself.

I can actually see you from what you wrote in the past, because you were always there. I am not certain I can state the same for myself.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I never ranted anything about it. Talking about Jesus made me feel stupid. I kept having to force myself to believe but looking back I realize I never truly did. I just didn't want to go to hell.
I believed in creationism until I was 21.

In my teens I believed in ancient aliens, UFOs, etc.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
When I was young, I believed the fundamental form of matter had to be in the shape of a donut.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
In high school I was very pro Nixon.

Confusedhock:
(May 24, 2014 at 5:20 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: In high school I was very pro Nixon.

Hey now! I was pro Nixon.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I was about 10 and I overheard some young fellas talking about sex. This one guy says he got four fingers into a girl the night before.
Next couple of years I believed girls had four holes down there. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1006 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  What Hobbies Did You Have As A Kid? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 2158 November 11, 2021 at 7:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2083 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  Once, twice, three times a Brian. Brian37 14 908 March 22, 2021 at 7:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ok, so I am a dumbass once again. Brian37 59 3023 June 27, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1037 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1262 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5141 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You once hated it, but now.... Foxaèr 27 3463 April 16, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: emjay
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2592 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue