Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Islam
About Islam
Islam is evil, they stand for all that we are against, such as war, the oppression of women and the lack of freedom of speech/religion.

Islam was founded on War and spread by War.

[Image: americanmuslim-x.gif]
RE: About Islam
*Looks at username* *looks at religious views* *looks at first post*

Hm. Be interesting to see how long this lasts.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
All I am doing is spreading the truth.
So what? My country was founded with the help of the Christian religion and it was based on wars against Spain and lots of massacres happened. A few centuries later we created an empire along with the Brits, Dutch, French, etc and we repressed lots of people. We justified it with religion, with genetic superiority of whites, with higher intelligence and development. It doesn't matter. Shit happens. Do you think it is a coincidence that some environments create more extremists than others? Do you think that because ISIS was presented to you as the Islamic state there isn't a history of politics behind that includes the intervention of the west with puppet politicians? Do you believe it is a coincidence it all started to grow with the fall of the Ottoman empire?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

The "Extreme" muslims are just following the religion properly, the religion of hate and oppression.

When islam is the minority, they are "tolerant", but when it is the majority, they oppress non-muslims.
Preaching to the choir...
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I agree that "extremists" are following the Kerrang more closely than anyone else. However, a religion really is absolutely nothing specific. Anyone could claim to be a Muslim and disagree with every single thing in the Kerrang, and is no less a Muslim, I assume. It's entirely arbitrary. No one can say what is and isn't "true Islam".

To make my point, what actually are the requirement for being a Muslim, other than saying you are a Muslim? It's an interesting point actually. If I just say I'm a Muslim, does anyone have the "right" to say I'm not, even if I read the bible and worship Jesus? I'm obviously being ridiculous, but to make a point. I don't actually know where things stand. Of course everyone would think I was an idiot, but can they legally say I'm not a Muslim?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
A muslim is someone who follows whatever they think islam is, but what it really is, is evil, more than any other religion.

I apologise for any poor english in my posts.
Ok, shows us your theology then, where is your research paper lad? Who are you to tell they are following it properly? There isn't a definition of Muslim other than believing in Allah. You could even not read the Quran and just think you will go to heaven if you believe in Allah. You can't assume anything else. That's why there are different sects, denominations etc
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

The Kerrang is certainly evil, you'll get no argument there.

But could I be a Muslim, say I'm following Islam, but burn a Kerrang every day and campaign against all the things traditionally associated with Islam? Could I oppose the Kerrang being treated as the word of God, oppose every single thing it says, and try and completely change the religion to something different?

I'm going off at the deep end, but I'm just interested in the technicalities. It's a genuine question, and I don't see how anyone could have the authority to tell me I'm not a Muslim.

It is a sideline of whether "Islam" is evil, but it's somewhat relevant in that "Islam" isn't actually well defined.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7859 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5471 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33845 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet