Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will twerking bring Putin down?
Will twerking bring Putin down?
I don't know why young girls find twerking a form of dance, to me it's just crass. But anyway, to the point ...

This video of wild twerking by a Russian dance school has caught the attention of government officials.

I don't know the full story but, looking at the bigger picture, I wonder if the internet has enough power to bring down totalitarian regimes like Russia and China.

Before seeing this video I would have said no. But maybe it does.

I also saw a video of Saudis dancing in their robes.

The global trend is the downfall of the US and the rise of China, Russia, and Islamo-nutjobs.

But will the internet's flashmobs, twerking and hedonistic freedom breed a new generation that can't be constrained by dictatorships?

Anyway, on with the show. Avert your eyes if you're easily offended:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQbDmCKGtuU

If twerking gets out of hand in Russia, they could get the same treatment as Pussy Riot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivT-I-yxtdY
RE: Will twerking bring Putin down?
(April 21, 2015 at 3:10 am)mralstoner Wrote: I don't know why young girls find twerking a form of dance

Because it is a form of dance, just not one you particularly care for.  It appears to have come out of New Orleans in the early 1990s (the origins are a little sketchy) and spread from there among the predominantly African American urban/hip hop scene.

Quote:I don't know the full story but, looking at the bigger picture, I wonder if the internet has enough power to bring down totalitarian regimes like Russia and China.

[snip]

But will the internet's flashmobs, twerking and hedonistic freedom breed a new generation that can't be constrained by dictatorships?

Let's hope so.  But this is predicated on the people in those countries recognizing that their free access to information is being limited by their governments and taking specific action to thwart those limitations.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
How can anyone not care for twerking? Where all other forms of dance fall short, twerking delivers what we really want to see.
Oh sorry, that was my penis talking. Guess the blood had gone to the wrong head again.
They need practice. I'm tempted to compare their synchronicity to that of elementary school recitals, but that feels creepy. Lol

P.S. Much love to Pussy Riot.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
"Pussy Riot" has got to be one of the best band names of all time.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

In Huxley's Brave New World one of the themes (I think) was that giving people unrestricted access to sex and happy pills would make them easy to control, and thus people could become pawns for whatever ends a dictatorship wanted.

Here we have an outbreak of Western hedonism in Russia, so it's interesting which way Putin will go. Absent the happy pills, I think Putin will clamp down on this sort of impulsiveness. Impulsiveness in one domain breeds it one other (political) domains.

What Russia and China fear most are Western ideas spreading beyond their control, and I expect an increase in censorship of the internet from them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Putin it here Foxaèr 13 921 March 8, 2022 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump is Putin's gimp WinterHold 46 2722 December 21, 2020 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1597 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1673 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4612 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Meanwhile, Down on the Border Yonadav 6 833 March 11, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Maybe Putin Will Write A Check? Minimalist 0 278 October 13, 2018 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2041 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Putin Comes To The Orange Shitgibbon's Defense Minimalist 10 1592 September 24, 2018 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The further dumbing down of the POTUS Joods 6 898 September 20, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist