Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, Down on the Border
Meanwhile, Down on the Border
We actually do have a bit of a problem with mass migration out of Central America. The families that are migrating out of the Northern Triangle are truly desperate. I personally don't think that they are coming north simply as economic immigrants, hoping for a piece of the American dream. They are people who are migrating because life has become truly difficult in their homeland. So I'm not really in favor of building a wall to keep them out, since that isn't going to solve the actual problem. We need to help them solve their problems in their homelands. That's the only thing that is going to stop mass migration. Mexico surely can't afford to absorb millions of migrants. So if we can't solve the northern triangle problem, things are going to get crazy.

Here's an article about what has been happening on the border recently.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...der-225642
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
RE: Meanwhile, Down on the Border
"We" don't have any problem at all.  Welcome to america and thx for contributing to the gdp.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I guess US domestic politics are as complex as they are because the US is so much bigger than OZ.

However, I really can't remember Oz ever having an administration as corrupt as Trump's seems to be .The Queensland state administration the late Sir Joh Bjelke Peterson was pretty bad. (We call Queensland 'the deep north' ; tropical, fundamentalist bible belt, hardcore right politics, and more con men to the acre than anywhere else in the country)

A read an American commentator who said the Trump administration is the most corrupt in the last 100 years

Presidential? I have no idea. Comments would be welcome, especially if backed with evidence..

Overall? I would have thought Huey P "Kingfisher" Long, Popularist governor of Louisiana , in the 1930's, would take the biscuit. Much bigger scale than New York's mayor James J waker (1925-32)
Our president is engaged in an influence peddling scam with people who operate south florida rub and tugs, man.....

No criminal is too petty for attention from this admin. Next thing we'll hear is that he's having private chats with people who refill ink cartridges and sell them as factory originals.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 10, 2019 at 11:43 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Our president is engaged in an influence peddling scam with people who operate south florida rub and tugs, man.....

No criminal is too petty for attention from this admin.  Next thing we'll hear is that he's having private chats with people who refill ink cartridges and sell them as factory originals.

As long as he has the SS, we'll not have the pleasure of knowing that he could sip on a bootleg bottle of "Mexican" water that wasn't actually "sealed" and resulted in a bad case of "Montezuma's Revenge". :lol:

This administration would make great fodder for some sick-ass comedy show. Oh, wait.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Fuckin Commander VD, lol.
The Atlantic has done an excellent write up of immigration issues. This isn't an opinion piece. It's just excellent long form journalism.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...ch/583252/
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Border Lek 124 10120 December 26, 2022 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1642 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4546 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  James Dobson on the border camps Rev. Rye 1 575 July 25, 2019 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Border Patrol secret group Figbash 31 2194 July 3, 2019 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Border Patrol Racially Profiling. Near Canada. BrianSoddingBoru4 3 689 February 19, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2647 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  The further dumbing down of the POTUS Joods 6 893 September 20, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1638 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1695 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger