Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans appealing to theocracy
Republicans appealing to theocracy
I honestly do not see a republican being elected into office with as much stupidity as they are insanely revealing lately.  Has it always been like this and I have simply not been paying attention?

Quote:“It is clearly taught by Jesus the Christ himself,” Walberg preached to members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, “for those of us who believe in him — and I understand and I accept the fact that there are those who don’t — but he said render unto Caesar what’s Caesar’s and God what’s God’s, and I think that’s an important consideration for us on this committee tonight.”

Claiming Jesus in a political dispute is inflammatory, particularly when you accuse your opponents, as Walberg did, of “a continued attack on religion.” The appeal to theocracy Tuesday night was even more incendiary because it was used to justify a bid to strike down a new District of Columbia law protecting women from workplace discrimination if they receive fertility treatments, use birth control or have abortions.

Remember what happened last time republicans sought office and attacked women?  They were not reelected.  

How fucking dumb can these republicans be?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Republicans appealing to theocracy
It's actual belief and desire to be superior that is the problem. They aren't thinking, they are feeling.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Quote:How fucking dumb can these republicans be?

That's a hole with no bottom.
Srsly, other than just to be a dick, why would anyone be against contraception?
Because child-rearing keeps women subservient....and the little-dick crowd of republicunts desperately wants them subservient.
(April 23, 2015 at 5:09 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Srsly, other than just to be a dick, why would anyone be against contraception?

They claim that they don't want their tax dollars to go for paying for other people's choices. In reality, it is a way to punish women for having sex outside marriage. If a poor woman gets pregnant, tax payers will pay more in medical costs and welfare programs to keep the unexpected child from starving than if they had given out free birth control to sexually active  people. If they actually wanted smaller government and  lower taxes, making certain that there are fewer unexpected pregnancies would seem a practical way to reach that goal.
Bu...bu....bu...but, jesus!
Republicans need to purge the Christianity Lite slackers from their midst and PURIFY their cause !!!!!!!!!

PRAISE JEBUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 23, 2015 at 1:53 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:How fucking dumb can these republicans be?

That's a hole with no bottom.

Better than having a bottom with no hole.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 23, 2015 at 11:52 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 23, 2015 at 1:53 am)Minimalist Wrote: That's a hole with no bottom.

Better than having a bottom with no hole.

Well, they are full of shit . . .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2132 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination brewer 36 3278 March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  An honest question for the Republicans Foxaèr 26 1295 November 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 791 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Question About Republicans DeistPaladin 13 1312 September 22, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 834 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
Big Grin Democrats VS Republicans I believe in Harry Potter 17 2020 October 28, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 625 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Republicans, can you explain this to me? Losty 47 6719 May 10, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Can the polarization between Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. be reversed? Angrboda 36 5797 December 4, 2018 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Little lunch